Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-24-2005, 10:11 PM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

It came out in the UK first, how is it? I really enjoyed Sacred. Is it even coming out in the USA??

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 11:18 PM   #2
TheGrandSlayer
Red Wizard of Thay

I thought Sacred: UW already came out in the US, I saw it at Best Buy you could just hitch it off Amazon if you cant find it.

[ 07-24-2005, 11:19 PM: Message edited by: TheGrandSlayer ]
Old 07-25-2005, 01:35 AM   #3
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Cool, wow! How much is it? I'll check EBgames too.. it's an addon so I hope it's 29..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2005, 01:37 AM   #4
vesselle
Hathor

i got the UK version of sacred, so grabbed the UK version of underworld as soon as it came out. *blushes* yeah, i love the gore thing.
anyway, it's HARD! and as a result, lots of fun. [img]smile.gif[/img]

V***V
Old 07-25-2005, 06:36 AM   #5
Duagloth Duskryn
Dungeon Master

Nice game, i like the demon. Flying over the water is pretty funny and also really usefull

the dwarv is cool to, with his mortar^^
Old 07-28-2005, 11:05 AM   #6
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I didn't want to wait for the US version, so I also bought the "bloody" LOL UK version on Gogamer.com

It adds more areas, two more characters to play, more set items and stuff. Oh and the dragons are MUCH harder!!! Oh especially that brown one in the desert! Bring many potions LOL!

I haven't played the Underworld expansion part yet. Wanted to go through the Ancaria campaign and try to finish it with the Vampiress (the expansion allows you to install the game separately, i.e., the Ancaria Campaign/the Underworld Campaign). But even when playing the original Ancaria campaign, the expansion still adds new things, and again hard dragons! Oh and if you have to pick somebody up, like somebody's mommy, and take her to a town or other safe zone, they will now fight! Which is NOT a good thing because they have no weapons, cannot be equipped with weapons like a companion like Wilbur, etc., so it is very hard to keep their dumb butts alive as they fight demons with their fists in a dress! Even little kiddies will run ahead towards the monsters to fight them! Noooooo! Come back little Bobby! Makes you kinda mad sometimes LOL. (the B button will give them potions btw).

[ 07-28-2005, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2005, 01:24 PM   #7
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

It was supposed to be out in the US in April, but wasn't. It's been a week since I've been to Amazon.com, but they report it to be available very soon if not already.
Old 08-14-2005, 02:14 PM   #8
Lucern
Quintesson

I picked this up at a local Fry's Electronics this week - so if any of us in the US is looking to buy it in person, that's a good place to try.

I had bought Sacred only the day before getting this.

It's really fun! I was expected a boring Diablo clone before Ms. Zekke flat out told me that the review I read was wrong lol. She was right hehe. Of course I'm not too far along but my initial impressions are very positive. I actually failed a mission and was able to continue. How many games let you do that? In terms of its character advancement and its classic fantasy feel, it's a little like a Dungeons and Dragons action game. I noticed new mini-quests right from the start.

It was only $20 btw.
Lucern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2005, 10:39 AM   #9
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Sacred Gold, which includes the original game and Underworld, is supposed to be out already (well, depends on which site you go to. Dates range from Aug 1 to Aug 26 that I"ve found).
Old 08-19-2005, 02:46 PM   #10
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

Ordered our copy of Sacred Gold from Amazon.com yesterday for $29.99 (free shipping). Should get here next week and then I'll let you know, Z.