Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2002, 02:17 PM   #1
Raistilyn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey been playing wiz8 for abit now, and on my third party and the farthest ive gotten was right outside of Tryton heh.I just am never satisfied but i think i got a good one now.

fighter
Rogue
Farie Ninja
Mook Ranger
Mook Bard
Farie Bishop

My rogue is AWESOME, does like 3 times the average damage as my fighter does. My fighter...well ive really tried to get his combat skills up and im doing 3 in CC, Sword and Duel Wield, but he just misses so much, is it because of beserk? I tried testing it out and he seemed to hit more without it, but still he misses SOO much, i started playing on expert so its been a bit of a battle but this time threw ive learned what spells and stuff to learn and develop so my bishop is a power house, and my rogue just smokes, and my farie ninja is gay [img]smile.gif[/img] But she will rock with COC im hoping heh. My ranger is insta killing pretty good.

My questions are, where is fang? And what lvl can i go into the cementery retro dungoun? Im at 9 know and just completed everything i could in monastary,arnik, and just about to head to the cementry and then Tryon. Anyways what lvl should i head in. Also what is a good offhand duel weaponfor my fighter, and is there any good daggers availble soon for my rogue. Anyways thanks for any info and excuse the grammer and spelling, (4.0 at one of the tougher Engineering schools in the nation but im not exacty a good speller heh>
Old 04-13-2002, 05:09 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
IIRC Fang is in the south east wilderness, downstairs from the sorcerer queen and her cronies on the top of the hill. The cemetary dungeon isn't very hard, I did it at level 15 or so but I can't recall anything harder to kill than scorchers, and only three at a time.
Old 04-13-2002, 05:17 PM   #3
Nightowl2
Galvatron

Probably the best dagger for your thief right now is the Thieves Dagger. Antone usually has one for sale. It's cursed, though, so your rogue won't be able to use any missile weapons.

Dual weapons for a fighter takes a long time to build up. The best offhand weapon is Diamond Eyes, which you'll not be seeing for awhile. Many here will probably advise you to drop dual weapons and go with a good one-hander or two-hander.

If you want an offhand dagger, get a stiletto from Crock in the swamp. Your rogue might like it, too.

If you're considering Diamond Eyes, that's a mace weapon, and you'd have to use a hammer in the offhand to build up.

Most of my own fighters went with a single weapon, as skill improves faster with fewer misses.

Fang can be found in the temple in the SE wilderness. It's a very tough fight with some quite nasty monsters.

Level 9 should be okay for the cemetery dungeon.

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2002, 09:27 PM   #4
Annheiser
Manshoon

Dual Weapons requires patience to build because you won't find any good off-hand weapons until later in game. However, the end result is more than worth it. All of my combat oriented classes master dual wield just to use the good off-hand items in the game e.g. Diamond Eyes, Canezou Dagger, Sprite Dagger, Enchanted Wakizashi, and so on. Nothing can really compare to the damage done by an experienced Fighter dual wielding in Berserk mode with the exception of maybe Samurai or Monk.
Old 04-14-2002, 02:30 AM   #5
Raistilyn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

there any swords i can use off hand for my fighter or should i start putting points into a hammer or dagger weapon.

Can someone toss me a link or something to potions/powder mixes? MY bishop is about ready to start making something better then heavy heals!

How hard is the retro dungoen in North wilderness or what ever its called? And is there anything worth it?

Is there any fookin armor i can get my damn farie ninja/bishop heh?

Finally, is there any ncps i should kill that have a real good item i might like? I killed burz in monastary and got some nice armor, about 12k worth that made my fighter a fookin machine. I killed the banker and like 10 bank guards for some nice exp and stuff.
Old 04-14-2002, 12:16 PM   #6
Nightowl2
Galvatron

The only dungeon I consider worth doing (after having been in all three), is the one in the mountain wilderness. Very tough fight at the end (you'll need excellent magic protection and a lot of healing), but you get some nice stuff.

The only class that can use a sword in the offhand is the Samurai, and that offhand sword is the wakizashi. So, if you want to go dual with your fighter, you'll have to decide on either dagger or hammer. Trying to do both only wastes time and points. Personally, I like Diamond Eyes for offhand, so that would mean working on the hammer. Others prefer the stiletto.

Ninjas of any race don't wear armor (though they can, of course, wear cloaks, jewelry, etc.). The best armor for a faerie bishop is probably the zynaryx (sp?) plate that Antone can make. If you haven't done so yet, ask him about "custom" for the ingredients. I tend to avoid faeries (except as Ninja) just because armor is such a pain.

Most NPC's have one or two good items on them. If I wanted any of it, I usually picked their pockets (having only the first patch really helped; the latest patch really made pickpocket/shoplift useless).

Nightowl2
Nightowl2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2002, 03:14 PM   #7
Raistilyn
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just ordered the game and got the one with version 1.24 or what not and it said the patches were already included or something so no PPing
Old 04-14-2002, 05:49 PM   #8
Annheiser
Manshoon

Quote:
The only class that can use a sword in the offhand is the Samurai, and that offhand sword is the wakizashi.
Ninjas can dual weapon Wakizashis as well. For your Fighter, learn Mace & Flail skill to use Diamond Eyes. For any other class that is also dual wielding and can't use Wakizashis, train in Dagger to use the Canezou Dagger. Stilleto is far weaker.

Quote:
Can someone toss me a link or something to potions/powder mixes? MY bishop is about ready to start making something better then heavy heals!
http://jbullions.topcities.com/faqs/wizardry_viii.txt

Quote:
How hard is the retro dungoen in North wilderness or what ever its called? And is there anything worth it?
Northern Wilderness is about lvl 13-15 overall and it's filled with mostly Coal Golems, and Dungeon Priests, Mages and Crawlers. The most difficult mobs in there are the Rapax Ghosts and a huge-ass Slime. Both high HP and high level. The items are pretty good in there for the level you can reach it. Plague Axe, Platemail +3, plenty of armor.

Quote:
Is there any fookin armor i can get my damn farie ninja/bishop heh?
Anything outside Helmets, nope, sorry. Until you get to Rapax Castle where you can get decent robes, thats the price you pay for being a Faerie Ninja and Bishops can equip Doll armor and the Zynarx Plate made from Antone.

Quote:
Finally, is there any ncps i should kill that have a real good item i might like? I killed burz in monastary and got some nice armor,
Whee, powergamers. Try killing Shaman Das. No faction loss if you don't involve other Trynnies outside the Spearmen and you may get the Diamond Eyes.

[ 04-14-2002, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Annheiser ]
Old 04-14-2002, 10:14 PM   #9
otter
Elminster

Quote:
Northern Wilderness is about lvl 13-15 overall and it's filled with mostly Coal Golems, and Dungeon Priests, Mages and Crawlers. The most difficult mobs in there are the Rapax Ghosts and a huge-ass Slime. Both high HP and high level. The items are pretty good in there for the level you can reach it. Plague Axe, Platemail +3, plenty of armor
/

actually, like everywhere else in the game, i've found there to be a variety of numbers and types of enemies depending on how strong the game measures your party. The slime has been almost the same every time, but sometimes i've only had a few Rapax ghosts, and others where the golems are granite.
otter is offline   Reply With Quote