Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-29-2001, 06:28 AM   #1
Tilien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finally went and did it. For the first time, I actually played the game through from start to finish (I'm a chronic restarter), including ToB.

What can I say? I'm disappointed

Don't get me wrong, BGII is still an amazing game in my estimation, but I just found the ending a let down. ToB was painfully easy. I think I died all of once while playing it. The big fights were pushovers, the final fight was too easy and, (*sigh*) I didn't even get off with Jahiera - at least I don't think I did

Going to try it again, with perhaps a smaller party and higher difficulty level. Maybe that'll make it better - although I'm dreading doing the start yet again, lol. Irenicus' dungeon and the early quests get really boring after the 15th time

Might be time to sift through my old game collection. Dust off Daggerfall perhaps.....

***Edited to remove any possible spoilers***

------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Tilien (edited 10-29-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Tilien (edited 10-29-2001).]
Old 10-29-2001, 06:55 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

I agree. Lots of game endings on a whole tend to be huge let-downs. I've seen very few which are actually pretty satisfying (Fallout Series, including Tactics, Icewind Dale, Final Fantasy series)..

And Irenicus' Dungeon is such a drag
If there were'nt so many useful items in it, I'd just use a cheat to warp to Athkatla..
Which character class did you play? Try playing a Thief if you havent tried. BG2 has lots of options for that character class, and the thieves in the game dont do justice to the power and abilities that thieves have access to..

------------------
No-Name Face
Old 10-29-2001, 06:58 AM   #3
ReGiN

The worst ending in ANY game is definetly the one in BG1!!
I hate it...spent like a year trying to kill that bastard Sarevok and then it just ends...just like that..I hate it!!
I mean youcouldn't even pick up his armor or something...
damn this gets me wound up!

------------------

I saw the movie, but I didn't think the action scenes were THAT good.

Old 10-29-2001, 07:03 AM   #4
Barb
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by ReGiN:
The worst ending in ANY game is definetly the one in BG1!!
I hate it...spent like a year trying to kill that bastard Sarevok and then it just ends...just like that..I hate it!!
I mean youcouldn't even pick up his armor or something...
damn this gets me wound up!

But in BGate 2 you do get his sword. It's a crap sword but its kinda cool havin it.
Old 10-29-2001, 07:09 AM   #5
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

I thought the ending to BG2 was a bit naff all round really. The whole plot of the game seems to rely on Irenicus runs, you chase, you fight, he runs, you chase, you fight, etc. I haven't got ToB so I don't know about that. Don't get me wrong - the game is still good but the plot as a whole is a let down.

P.S. Where are you from London person? At present I am living in Islington you see.

------------------
Life is like a piece of cheese. Mice only enjoy it in cartoons and it is better with toast
Old 10-29-2001, 08:51 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tilien:
The other Bhallspawn were pushovers, the final fight was too easy and, (*sigh*) I didn't even get off with Jahiera - at least I don't think I did
You can download the Improved Bhaalspawn patch from Balderdash.
Old 10-29-2001, 09:13 AM   #7
Melusine
Dracolisk

Ack...I was hoping we still had a policy on revealing TOB spoilers in the BG2 forum???
I for one haven't started playing TOB yet and I would REALLY appreciate it if the gaming experience wasn't ruined for me by careless spoilers.
Thanks!

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art
Old 10-29-2001, 09:54 AM   #8
Darth Bob
Drow Warrior

I am the same way! I like restarting but hate the Irenicus dungeon and I'm abouyt to get out daggerfall as well.
Old 10-29-2001, 10:01 AM   #9
Tilien
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Melusine, my sincere apologies if you felt that I'd included any spoilers in my post above. I specifically tried to avoid doing so.

------------------
"Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former." --Albert Einstein
Old 10-29-2001, 10:07 AM   #10
Melusine
Dracolisk

Thanks. Well, I haven't played TOB yet so I didn't even know there are other Bhaalspawn involved in it! If you had posted your post in the TOB forum it would have been much less of a problem: since we have a separate forum for Throne Of Bhaal, you shouldn't post any information about the expansion in this forum.
Still, thanks for the friendly apology...it's good to see there are still civil people around here!

EDIT: and thanks for the edits!! It's perfect now

------------------
Melusine, Sultry Elflet,
High Queen of Fluffies,
Archbabe of the OHF,
LH, HADB and ORT!

Your voice is ambrosia
Amy Brown Fantasy Art

[This message has been edited by Melusine (edited 10-29-2001).]