Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-09-2001, 11:18 AM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

I am in real trouble!
I can't get past Irenicus dungeon. Everytime I try to go out to the promenade the game saves and then It freezes.
I think there is something wrong with the CD.
But what could I do?

------------------
"No!" shreiked Tyrion. Though the sword felt heavy as a fallen tree he lifted it. He saw the deamon look up, astonished. He brought down the blade with the awesome majestic power of a falling thunderbolt. The burning blade caught the deamon right in the centre of its forehead. The deamon's head fell apart under the force of the impact. The deamon N'kari sank to its knees, dead.

-Tyrion at the battle of the Blighted Isle.
Right now he is mourning for USA.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:20 AM   #2
dulouz
Manshoon

before you leave the dungeon, walk around a bit, rest, then try leaving. that sometimes works for me.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:22 AM   #3
Tyrion
Quintesson

Nope!
I think there is a scratch on the CD!
Old 10-09-2001, 11:24 AM   #4
Ugaya
Manshoon

Maybe a full install will help?
Old 10-09-2001, 11:26 AM   #5
Tyrion
Quintesson

Not enough disk memory.
Old 10-09-2001, 11:41 AM   #6
Doxin1
Dungeon Master

What OS are you using?

Old 10-09-2001, 05:04 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

you can buy a cd repair kit, dunno where from even in the uk, never mind sweden. costs about 15 pounds. its basically a compound you pour on the cd and if fills the scratch so it dosent interfere with the laser.cheaper alternatives : burn a copy, steal a copy(carefuly), or ask black isle. i think theyll send a replacement, but it'll cost.

sometimes a different CD rive can read it, usually cd-r drives are the best , hack the registry to change the drive letter it reads from if you have one. (ahem. be careful. i accept no responsibility if you kill windows)

if the scratch was there when you bought it take it back and complain. if it wasent, you can also try this.

personally i never play with the original disk, theyre just to fragile. (recently a friends disk was snapped by a six year old). TOB is protected but even so it can be copied dead easy, although all my second gen copies have failed.

Old 10-09-2001, 05:07 PM   #8
floyd
Zhentarim Guard

no offense, but its not a bug if your disk is scratched.

just call interplay and you will be able to send them your old disk + shipping charge for them to send you a new copy. Or copy it from a friend.
Old 10-09-2001, 05:11 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

The way to solve this is to copy the contents of CD 2 to your hard disk by using a CD writer, it's much better at reading data so it might be able to read the damaged data as well, then alter the config files to make it load the contents of CD 2 from your hard disk.
Old 10-09-2001, 05:25 PM   #10
Blackwolf
Dungeon Master

Before you spend any money, try simply cleaning the disc. It just might be the problem.