Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Darkstone

Old 03-12-2001, 05:04 PM   #1
Balgin
Elminster

Having bought this game pretty much on the day of release I decided to test it for multi player compatability. However new patches where being released by the week and I was always one step behind or ahead and could necer find anyone with a compatable version. Also heat was a nightmare system to get used to. I therefore got fed up of downlaoding things and left this game for a while. When I returned to it (recently) I noticed that the spate of expansion and upkeep from Delphinesoft had lulled if not halted altogether. However since heat is now the fee charging Sega Net and I live on a very low budget I was wandering how all of you commited Darkstone players stay in touch and if there's a relyable host (that won't cost me anything) that would allow me to link up with the rest of you. I've had great fun with skinning and have messed about a bit with the editor making my own interesting quests. So I was merely wandering about getting in touch with you lot. If anyone is generous enough to contact me then I'd be extremely greatful(however I play DarkStone on another computer and would probably have to restart with fresh characters but my comment conerning the easy crystal in the quest editor tutorial could put me up to seventeenth level in next to no time).

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2001, 05:16 PM   #2
Gadzooks
Elite Waterdeep Guard

FYI - there is a way to move your charcter files and save games to another computer. I've downloaded a tool from somewhere or another that allows you to do this. It was either on the darkstone "official" page http://www.delphinesoft.com/darkstone or from Locke's hideout. If you have trouble - send email and I'll forward the zip file along.

Happy hacking,

------------------
Gadzooks

"Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups"
Gadzooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2001, 01:46 PM   #3
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Here's a mp site to try - http://aldervista.de/darkstone/index...er&lang=en&ad= Also Gamespy Arcade supports Darkstone as does Heat (btw - I think Heat may still be free,Gamespy Arcade certainly is. Happy hunting!

Regards

Mouse
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 10:14 AM   #4
Balgin
Elminster

I'll see what I can do but it'll take me a while to move all of the patches between my other computer and this one. When's a popular playing time ?

------------------
Balgin, the Dwarf
Balgin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2001, 02:31 PM   #5
shelleybelly
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You just have to keep checking the site for listed games. Or better still, host one yourself and someone will probably drop in to play with you. I have found games listed at all times of the day. No particular time frame that I can see. Some days are just busier than others. Have fun in the dungeons!
shelleybelly is offline   Reply With Quote