Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-08-2001, 12:01 AM   #1
sluggo
Welcomed New User

I'm having a problem with a greater wolfwere which is blocking my way. I should easily be able to kill it but it seems that its health keeps on reganerating after I get it down to near death status. How the hell do you kill the shit.
Old 06-08-2001, 12:33 AM   #2
Djinn Raffo
Ra

Welcome Sluggo!
Greetings!
Check out this thread:
http://www.tgeweb.com/cgi-bin/ubb/No...ML/007032.html
Hope it helps!
Old 06-08-2001, 12:35 AM   #3
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Welcome to the board, Sluggo.

Greater Wolfweres regenerate very fast and have a goodly amount of magic resistance. You need to concentrate all your melee and ranged attacks on it all at once. I'd suggest casting a lot of enhancing spells like haste (extra attacks), bless, chant, etc. Then, try surround it and hit it with everything you have.
Old 06-08-2001, 05:02 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hehehe Howl my brothers! Yet another one having difficulties with you!
HOOOOOOOOWL! Hehe, kidding there mate!

You are not the first, they have a regeneration that maxs them real quick and you need at least a +2 or 3 weapon to really hurt them, spells that either lower their resistance, saving throwws are good, massive damage in as short time as possible is to be prefered. Take out the wolfwere´s with alot of spells at distance and shoot alot of arrows, and concentrate the fire to pick one at a time and grind them down.

If you have found the sword +2 +4 vs shapeshifter and has someone in your party that can wield it, use it!

Good luck!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-08-2001, 05:17 AM   #5
Leagle
Manshoon

I never had a problem with this guy, he just died like everything else -tough or not.
Old 06-08-2001, 06:55 AM   #6
Lifetime
Red Dragon

His regeneration did'nt save him from my poisoned backstabs

------------------
Why?
Old 06-08-2001, 07:00 AM   #7
Leagle
Manshoon

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
His regeneration did'nt save him from my poisoned backstabs

Another of my faithful Assains!
I actually went to the place where the true Assasins held out. I used to live in Syria, nice place and a wealth of DnD material! That is why I think Scimitars are short changed in 3rd edition. The problem is my DM is from Malaysia and dosen't understand that I have a better grasp on the game than he does. ( And the fluff, rules, background, ideas...)

I should've become the DM when I'd had the chance.
Old 06-08-2001, 02:01 PM   #8
sunder
Zhentarim Guard

Ok, well there is a bug in the game that comes up sometimes, and you have to look out for it. A Normal Greater werewolf is hard to kill, but a good party should have no problems doing it. Once in a while you'll run into a buggy werewolf (mine always showed up in the Red Dragon ruins, the first Greater werewolf you run into.)
A buggy Greater werewolf is almost impossible to kill, the regeneration code or something keeps its regeneration at a extreme level. My party kills Greater werewolves pretty quick (Asylum is one, there are 2 or so in the Red dragon ruins), but once in a while you find one you can't kill for some reason, you can't get its health down much.
I ran into one in the Red dragon dungeon I couldn't kill no matter what I did. I had 6 characters and 5 summoned monsters (all zerking ogres) beating on it, and didn't get it down much. I must have been doing 100 points of damage a round easy, but it didn't die. This is a werewolf with a bad code.
I don't know how it happens, or why, but it does come up. Best way is to cheat and kill it with a cheat code or something. Its not how the werewolf is suppose to be, and it seems you have ran into the same thing with yours.
It also rarely happens on other mosters. The Kuo-toan Prince in the Underdark went buggy on me the 2nd time through the game. He was virtually unkillable even with everyone swatting him. I had to conjure up a timestop scroll in order to kill him in 1 round (so the code didn't work and regenerate him)

If you run into this problem and it seems you have, there isn't alot you can do. The game is messed up with old woofie there, you either have to bypass him or cheat and get him out of the way. He isn't suppose to be that strong.
Did you use the experience cap remover, or put in the debug code? I think it has something to do with those, since the first time through the game i had no problems with glitches, but after playing and using the exp-cap remove and debug code, i got a few glitches like the super-regeneration monsters and such.
Old 06-08-2001, 02:32 PM   #9
Wah
Symbol of Cyric

I found that breach + finger of death is a good combination.

Although a powerful Arch Lich like me would settle for nothing less that imprisonment...............

------------------

Greetings Mortals. My Name Is Wah, Arch Lich Wah.