Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-24-2001, 05:38 AM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

Two friends of mine (I'll call them J & N) are a couple and have been together for over five years. On tuesday it was N's 29th birthday. J did all of the right things, bought a birthday card and present and had cards from three other people to give ot N on the big day.

On the morning of the birthday they both got up and J went to work having completely forgotten about N's birthday! only remembering when another friend mentioned it on the train.

What I would like to know (especially from the ladies on the board) is this:

is N entitled to be upset and angry, and what punishment (if any) should J have to undergo for forgiveness? Please be creative with the punishment bit

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 05-24-2001, 05:49 AM   #2
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Upset, yes, angry no. After all, J HAD bought a card and pressie, just forgot in the rush of getting to work.
Why on earth didn't N say something to gently remind J? No need for anyone's knickers to get in a twist, lol! Sheesh! People are so oversensitive and timid! Sulking and stomping about in a temper rather than SAYING something is SO silly!
No punishment needed, either!

------------------

Old 05-24-2001, 06:57 AM   #3
Charean
Hathor

I am a woman who forgets dates... (I know how rare that is!) and usually a gentle reminder is all that is needed. However, N needs to remember that J *did* remember... just not that morning. N should give J a little slack.

But if punishment is warranted... how about a nice evening out? You know... the whole bit - like a date? That will usually smooth ruffled feathers! All J needs to show is that he appreciates N, and N will probably not be too upset... (after all, when you make out TWICE for one birthday.. how can you be?)

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
The secret is knowing the rules so you can bend/break them selectively!!!
Aquisition master of the Finest of Humours - and the Killer Joke
Musketeer of Fast Fourward
Looking for lost brain - I left it only for a moment....and there it goes... rolling under the table!!
Wondering where the Light has gone from the Tunnel.
Old 05-24-2001, 07:19 AM   #4
Moiraine
Anubis

The same things happened between my parents years ago. As Mum told me, what she did was taking all their means of payment (cash, his checkbook, her checkbook) and disappearing for an entire day. She didn't spend that much money but Dad nonetheless never forgot her birthday ever after !

I have only to threaten to do the same for my husband to remember mine ...

------------------

The world is my oyster !
And now I have the knives to open it ...
Old 05-24-2001, 07:49 AM   #5
Lord Shield

She could make him do a tap-dance in a ballet skirt as punishment. If in public, he won't do it again!
hold on, I'm a bloke, not meant to answer this

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp

Old 05-24-2001, 07:50 AM   #6
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Two friends of mine (I'll call them J & N) are a couple and have been together for over five years. On tuesday it was N's 29th birthday. J did all of the right things, bought a birthday card and present and had cards from three other people to give ot N on the big day.

On the morning of the birthday they both got up and J went to work having completely forgotten about N's birthday! only remembering when another friend mentioned it on the train.

What I would like to know (especially from the ladies on the board) is this:

is N entitled to be upset and angry, and what punishment (if any) should J have to undergo for forgiveness? Please be creative with the punishment bit

Donut, are you J or the friend on th train?

------------------

Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 05-24-2001, 07:55 AM   #7
Rikard

or are you N

------------------

Help me create A Fantasy Realm with your imagination

Old 05-24-2001, 08:11 AM   #8
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Go easy on her, Donut. She didn't mean it.

------------------
Old 05-24-2001, 08:59 AM   #9
Moni

I too am a woman who forgets dates.
Rex was very forgiving when I forgot his birthday last year mainly because everyone else did too (ironically enough, he was 29).
This year, it was my younger brother and his wife and his daughter!
I did at least remember to call them all a day or two (or three) late and apologize~apologies were accepted, however, the last incident caused me to start writing myself notes on a daily basis in order not to forget what I have to do every day. I was fairly embarassed by forgetting all of them in three successive months.

Moni

------------------

Old 05-24-2001, 09:58 AM   #10
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Donut, are you J or the friend on th train?

No, I'm another friend who found the whole thing hilarious

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas

[This message has been edited by Donut (edited 05-24-2001).]