Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 06-19-2004, 03:22 PM   #1
dplax
Jack Burton

Recap of the situation:

Kirun and Terias are standing in front of three doors.

Turin and Robyn are in the house they just bought.

Therlion and Roland are speaking behind a house.

[ 06-19-2004, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 06-19-2004, 04:22 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

"I do not know yet. Most likely in the forest, in a secluded area. I spent the last three days walking around the town, and I haven't found a single place where an Elf and a band of newcomers that sold him can avoid raising suspicion." Therlion continued "And as you said, I must go now. I will inform you when and where our next meeting will take place." He turned and walked around a few more houses before he entered the street. He was walking towards Harmeth's home, with several ideas playing out in his mind.

[ 06-19-2004, 04:25 PM: Message edited by: Bozos of Bones ]
Old 06-19-2004, 04:45 PM   #3
Cienden
Manshoon

Kirūn

Kirūn toss down like a sack of bricks the tied and gagged guard he had over one shoulder. Putting one foot on his chest, and leaning on his battle-ax he viewed the situation.

"Do either of you have any ideas before I bring the whole garrison down on our heads while bustin down these two side doors?

He puckered his mouth and chewed ferociously on his whiskers for a moment. Turning back to the elf, And what in the blazing Forges of Huldiz did ye be wanting about this stinkin level, Terias?

Kirūn stepped off the sprawed captive and strode along all three doors again, slowly, looking over them thoughtfully. He pointed at the middle door with the butt of his ax handle. The center one seems a lil too inviting I reckon. It being unlocked an all. Oronuin, I don't suppose ye'd know anything about these upper levels? I'd rather use the doors than have to dig me a tunnel through the walls."

He glanced back at his captive. "Or we might jest wake our lil feller up and give him a good dose of questionin. Of course if he squeaks too loudly, I'll be quietin him permanently. What say ye?"

OOC: I opted to take the prisoner for now, since you allowed me.
Old 06-19-2004, 05:40 PM   #4
dplax
Jack Burton

Oronuin

"I never left the dungeons after my capture, except for the times when we were taken to the pit fights. I heard the guards speaking amongst themselves that the highest level was off limit to them even, but apart from that nothing. I also seem to recall a conversation involving two human guards that the highest level is not accesible by this staircase, but I am not particularly sure about that. I suggest we try the door ahead of us and if what we find there doesn't suit us I am sure you can break through one of the other doors rather fast with a few axe strokes."

--------------------

Arandor

Arandor swiftly walked down the steps and reached the lower level. There he immediately noticed the dead guards and the marks on them where they had been hit by Kirun's axe. Any human would have had trouble breathing amidst the thick smoke here, but Arandor was not human. Hardly even noticing the heat and the smoke he walked through the open portcullis and started walking towards the fire.

Standing about 4 meters from where the fire was burning right now he began chanting in a strange language and waved his hands in a pattern specific to the spell he was using. If there had been anyone in the chamber with him, they would have felt an intense cold starting to spread. But as no one else was there the only visible effect of the spell was that the flames started moving back. After repeating the spell a few more times the flames were totally extinguished.

A new batch of guards had also arrived. Arandor ordered them to take up positions at the gate, while he went to check on the prisoners. Most of them were dead from inhaling too much smoke. He called out to some of the guards who moved away the still living prisoners towards the exit, where the smoke was already starting to clear. They did not however enter any cell, before Arandor cheched them. And Arandor found two cells, which were empty. Prisoners had escaped then. That and the fact that two hostile dwarves were also on the loose in the stronghold would surely make his master furious. He decided he would try catching them alone.

A guard walked up to him:

"We have caught one of the dwarves on level five. They have taken him to the northern sector."

"Very well. Search every corner on level five. They probably took a room there too. See if they left anything there. In the meantime tell everyone to be on the alert for a man, an elf and a dwarf. It seems to me that the other dwarf came here and made two prisoners escape."

----------------------

Feldorn

The group of freed slaves which Feldorn led had now grown to about four dozen slaves, half of whom were armed with weapons taken from their dead guards. However they now faced a problem. At the highest level of the tunnels, just where the stronghold itself started around one hundred guards were stationed at all times and after scouting out the area they found that only twenty of them had gone to fight the fire. They had to find a way to get through them.

After debating for several minutes with others in his group Feldorn's plan was accepted. The now free slaves moved to set up traps in several places and in the meantime one of the human slaves put on the armour and garments of a fallen guard and prepared to lure the remaining guards into the trap.
Old 06-20-2004, 05:39 AM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

Robyn

Robyn was happy that at last she and Turin had been left alone for a few minutes. She wanted to talk with him about something. The past few days since she had joined the group she had been watching him much more than the others. She thought she managed to catch glimpses of a caring man under the cover of the warrior. And for the first time in her life Robyn felt attracted to a man.

She had been in love before, but that was only teenage love and it did not last long. She had always been looking for the "one". She sighed barely audibly and stood up from the chair where she was sitting. She walked over to Turin, who was still at the window watching the house behind which Roland and Therlion had gone to talk. Robyn gently touched Turin's shoulder to attract his attention, then almost instinctively Robyn's hands also slid down Turin's back, as she felt the muscles under the shirt. Robyn quickly caught herself and removed her hand.

"Can we talk about something?"
Old 06-20-2004, 06:01 PM   #6
The Fallen One
Elminster

" I agree with Oronuin, let us go through the open door, then we can continue through the others if we dont find what we are looking for through the door"
Old 06-20-2004, 08:12 PM   #7
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

He had not even heard the creeping woman as she came up behind him and her words made him startle a bit, which drew a smile from both of them.

"Of course, Robyn. What ails you?"

Turin stepped from the window, just so his back was not to it (safety issue) and stood straight, trying to keep his posture in check.
Old 06-21-2004, 05:35 PM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

Robyn

Robyn looked in Turin's eyes for a long moment before speaking. She also needed to decide what to say.

"You have beautiful eyes.... Wait! That's not what I meant to say. I mean I think that you have beautiful eyes, but its not what I meant to say. Now I'm repeating myself. I must look stupid to you, but I've managed to confuse myself. Sorry."

She looked at Turin and awaited what his reaction was going to be.

[ 06-21-2004, 05:38 PM: Message edited by: dplax ]
Old 06-21-2004, 10:29 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Turin

Turin could feel his face flush as he was listening to Robyn trying to justify her slip, and only then as she was trying to cover up her accidental confession did Turin realize that as Captain of this crew, he'd pushed aside any feelings that he could have had for this attractive lady that accompanied him on this mission, possibly to the death of them all.

Now that she had broken that barrier and made things a bit awkward, Turin saw no reason to fight the temptation any longer. He knew that Roland was outside with the elf, so with one deep breath of resolution, he leaned over faster than the stuttering lady could react against and met her lips with his with the longing passion that had been bottled up for as long as his wife had been passed away. It was as desperate as it was gentle, and as warm and embracing as bathing in a hot spring pool.

OOC>>>I'll stop there and let Robyn react as I am sure she will to some degree.
Old 06-22-2004, 04:55 AM   #10
dplax
Jack Burton

Robyn

At first when Turin kissed her, she nearly withdrew because of the suddenness and the surprise of it. But then she moved along with Turin prolonging the moment. When their lips finally seperated Robyn sighed. She closed her eyes for a moment and relived the kiss. Then without another word she put her arms around Turin's back and kissed him again.
Closed Thread