Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-28-2002, 04:40 PM   #1
Arathor
The Magister

possible spoiler

I am going through the game with a party of

Me (inquisitor)
Minsc
Aerie
Yoshimo -> Imoen
Sarevok (when i get TOB)
and either valygar or haerdalis, maybe even jan. Which would you recommend for this spot? I know haerdalis causes problems with the aerie romance. can you overcome these and still keep both of them and continue the romance?
Arathor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 04:47 PM   #2
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Arathor:
possible spoiler

I am going through the game with a party of

Me (inquisitor)
Minsc
Aerie
Yoshimo -> Imoen
Sarevok (when i get TOB)
and either valygar or haerdalis, maybe even jan. Which would you recommend for this spot? I know haerdalis causes problems with the aerie romance. can you overcome these and still keep both of them and continue the romance?

Haer'Dalis and Aerie resolve their own problems. However, if you want another good figther, I reccomend Valygar. If a spellcaster, Haer'Dalis or Jan will do.
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 04:55 PM   #3
Nifft the Nimble

In my opinion HaerDalis compliments Imoen. He's got the two thieving skills that she never developed: pick-pocketing and, at high (ToB) levels, Set Spike Trap. HD is a fine back-up mage, and if you get him early enough, his level shoots up so quickly that he'll be summoning Skeletal Warriors while everyone else is level 11-12.

Of course, your Inquisitor may have issues with some rogue picking pockets... if you're playing a no-theft-allowed game, half his usefulness goes out the planar conduit.

-- Nifft
Nifft the Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 05:00 PM   #4
Helspanth
Quintesson

Take HaerDalis!good backup spellcaster and lethal at high levels with stoneskin/tensers transformation/offensive spin.
Plus he has an interesting personality and some of the best lines.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:18 PM   #5
Sorcerer Alex

Get Valygar. He's a great stalker.
Old 01-28-2002, 06:28 PM   #6
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Id say go for Valygar..... Backstab
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2002, 08:08 PM   #7
Helspanth
Quintesson

You already have 3 figting types in your party.In my oppinion you are low on magic.Or take both HaerDalis and Valygar and Jan for your run through SoA and when you reach ToB decide weather you want to drop Minsc or Valygar for Sarevok.
Old 01-28-2002, 09:05 PM   #8
Auraleus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Go with Haer, because he is the funniest character in the game... seriously, I can promise that he will crack you up with what he says and the 'random dialogues' that he is in...
Old 01-28-2002, 09:47 PM   #9
hagimihale
Manshoon

All things being equal, I would prefer Valygar. He's been a monster with Celestial Fury for me, especially with backstab.

But you already have some front-line fighters and you are a little weak in the mage department. Aerie is very versatile but she levels up slowly. You could use Haer'Dalis as a backup mage. Yes he causes problems with the romance but (I believe) Aerie chooses you in the end.

I can't believe this but in your case I'm going with (gag) Haer'Dalis. Now if your main character was a mage or theif character, or if you had Jan or Nalia instead of Yoshimo, I'd side with Valygar. (or Jaheira or Anomen, given how slowly Aerie gains clerical spells).
hagimihale is offline   Reply With Quote