Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 02-06-2003, 01:34 AM   #1
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

hey everybody

i have another question for all your brilliant minds; do i have to have the create portal/teleport/call home spells before i go after the leprechaun?

Because in my previous 4 person game i caught him, got his treasure, then found i couldn't leave the area! I went to the little lake thing, swam down and found Kerah. Had a chat with her, then tried to use the portal of isis thing. it didn't work, but i ended up with an obelisk thing (is this the artifact of isis?). Then i tried to swim down into the underwater area and i flipped the lever. the door opened but there was another one still there, this one different though, just unopenable (?).

btw, you have to catch the leprechaun, but on hard he is worth a sweet 90,000 XP each (for a team of four) if you kill him (by just continually hacking at him and not letting him speak.

i really hate that evil midget. You can't catch me! You can't catch me! You can't catch me...

cheers,

Moiraine Sedai
Old 02-06-2003, 04:06 AM   #2
Olli Kalma

I never catch Leprachaun, but sure it would be usefull to have Vanish or Call to Home...

This is because he has that idea in his head that he must Vanish your party somewhere else if he doesn't Vanish him self...
He did it to my party and Vanished me into sand pit! Well I had to reload, 'cause I didn't know that spell my self and there's no way to get back from there! ( well there is but not want to go trought the Shrine. )

So take Vanish or Call to Home amoung your spellbook and Incinerate to torch that little son of a Cet!
Old 02-06-2003, 04:20 AM   #3
Radek
Red Dragon

Here is the usual story as it repeats in my game:

- "You think you have caught me? Think again!"
- BANG!! "BEHAVE YOURSELF BRAT if you are speaking with a god!" BANG!! "There are many incinerates and lightnings prepared for you. Don't be afraid." BANG!!
- "Youcannotcatchmeyoucannotchatchmeyoucannotcatchme. .."
- "You think I cannot catch you? Think again!", says the god while he is putting the Leprechaun's Stick in his inventory.
[img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]

As far as the Leprechaun's area is concerned:
1. The way back is the same way you have got there. Jump into the "underwater pool" in the centre of the "Kerah's shrine", swim down, click the lever and take the elevator (the water column) back into the Anephas' Shrine. The elevator has to be initialized by putting the Statuete of Kerah on the altar inside the Anephas' Shrine.
If I understand well, you have Vanish-ed into the Leprechaun's area without going through the shrine and then you tried to enter the shrine from there. This does not work. You must initialize the elevator first. Naturally, you can Vanish into the area and Call of Home out of the area.
2. The small obelisk you get in the Kerah's shrine allows you to re-create Anephas. It is used at the beginning of the "light beam way". The moveable Ornament Obelisks in the Anephas' Shrine are used for continuation of the beam.
Old 02-06-2003, 07:31 AM   #4
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Sounds like you caught the Leprechaun by a rather backward route rather than going through the Tomb of Anephas/Temple of Isis.

You do not need to catch the leprechaun at all.
The proof you need for the quest is in a chest, as you already know.
The Portal of Isis does not work, you are only supposed to get the Obelisk of Light which you need to solve a puzzle in Anephas' tomb.

This time, try going through Anephas' Tomb (with the Sphynx outside) first to get to the leprechaun's treasure and Kerah. That second "door" is only going to work for you if you open it from the tomb side first.

Hope that helps!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2003, 07:44 AM   #5
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

thanks everyone for your help!

i am so thankful that there are people here to help other misguided people like myself. i know what to do know, so i'll go to anephas before i go after the evil midget.

cheers,
Moiraine Sedai