Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2003, 04:22 AM   #11
moiraine sedai
Zhentarim Guard

Thanks a lot guys, for the cheery help and the warm welcome.

I have decided (after long deliberation and the revealed fact that if i don't like what i do after reset i can reverse my actions - thanks for that) i have decided that i will play my elf warlock for my second only solo game. the first game i played a (don't laugh) oomphaz warrior because i was unaware of armour restrictions (but the phenomenal strength and fortitude helped heaps). So thanks heaps again, i will keep you posted and keep thinking about my next solo game after my current one!

Thanks again,
Moiraine Sedai
Old 02-03-2003, 04:29 AM   #12
Olli Kalma

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
by the way thank you for your tip about the boogre vampire, Ollie. I will keep that one in mind.
If you want try it, I can put saved game into web, where you can try that Boogre-Vampire thing by your self...

Just say, do you want wizard,warrior,rogue or priest based character... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 05:06 AM   #13
Radek
Red Dragon

I am always playing a solo character so that I think I can make some recommendations
1. Don't bother about overpowering. You cannot avoid it in a solo game no matter what you will do. Perhaps, the only possibility is to stop levelling up at some level. Otherwise, you will end the game as a level 75 - 85 invincible god. The solo game isn't about not becoming a god but about different possibilities. You will be able of powerful magic soon. On the other hand, you have only one character. If this single character dies, gets stoned, etc., the game ends. Also, playing solo means playing solo! At the very beginning of the game, it may mean playing a level 1 solo mage with 8 HP, 20 mana points in Fire and Stone Magic, with AC 3 or so and with a ridiculous dagger in hand [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] Yes, it is possible to survive.
2. Start the game as a mage. This is the only way of getting Stone Magic. Well, you can play without certain magic schools but it's rather a masochism. You will suffer! You will suffer all the time! Without the Stome Magic, you won't be able to cast Negate Magic (Myrathian Wisps), Lavawalk or Merlin Shield. Also, you won't be able to bless your items for AC. Is it necessary?
3. Choose and elf (faster gaining XP) or an omphaaz (lightning fast regenerating mana - if you like to cast spells). The race traits of other races give you only temporary advantages which become completely unsignificant very soon. Therefore, either an elf or an omphaaz or it does not matter what you choose. If you want problems then you can try a ratling. A ratling has very bad resistances - Jungle Lilies or Myrathian Wisps will show you what are the resistances for [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
4. Collect all magic schools ASAP. You will need them all. Therefore: mage -> warlock -> ranger -> paladin -> your final role. The final role can be an assassin (the most powerful possibility), a samurai, a barbarian, a warlock playing without any items a ninja or something else.
5. I can recommend this strategy:
a) Collect all magic schools, become a barbarian and reset adventures. Now, you are a pure barbarian that can take any role again.
b) Play a barbarian until you reach guild level 5 in Warrior's guild and the Temple. Get the Stunning Blow trait.
c) Change roles in Ishad N'Ha and complete your spellbook. More exactly, gain all needed spells. For example, ninja (Moon Magic), samurai (Fire Magic), ranger (Vine Magic), paladin (Spirit Magic and the Crusade trait), warlock (Stone Magic) and finally assassin (Fiend Magic - and Moon Magic again). Reset adventures if you want. This phase in Ishad N'Ha is also a great opportunity for training in guilds.
6. Good luck [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-03-2003, 10:30 AM   #14
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Thank you for the offer, Ollie.
Can you create a zenmaster boogre vampire for me?
I certainly would not mind that. Oh and by the way (please, excuse my ignorance)where on the net was it that I might find your saved game?
Old 02-06-2003, 06:44 AM   #15
kevanS
Welcomed New User

Hi to all W&W players. This is my first posting, but I have been reading your mail since I bought the game. I'm particularly interested in your comments on SOLO games. I initially tried the usual five person team of two warriors(one paladin and one barbarian), a priest, a wizard and a rouge. Got over half-way through and decided(even on hard level) that it was too easy and becoming a bit boring. Then I tried a double act of Paladin and Warlock. Better, but still too predictable. Then I tried solo and went for a Whiskahs female rogue. This was great fun and played the game for hours, much to the chagrin of the rest of the family. I will be trying something completely different next, probably a pixie priest or something similar(has great prospects for later in the game). For those interested, my solo ended up as follows.
29th level Assassin/16th level rogue with HP of 220 and 4,440,750 XP, had all Mooncraft and Fiendcraft 5/6/7 levels spells, Int-21, Spi-21, Will-21, Pres-19, Str-24(max), Dex-24, Agil-24, Fort-20 with +42 hit, +23 parry, +25 speed and +23.9 armour, Skills were sword-8, dagger=8, bow-4(waste of time, even for lillies and amazonian plants), sorcery-5, moonc-9+, fiendc-9+, athl-5, scout-3(essential), traps/locks-10(another essential), pickpocket-1+(a waste of a skillpoint), stealth-2, prowess-5+..traits were sneak/backstab/night visin/deadfall/cloak of night and Evil Eye. highest resistances were fire-70, mind-90 and death-95.
Until next time.
kevanS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2003, 07:21 AM   #16
Olli Kalma

Quote:
Originally posted by bsftcs:
Thank you for the offer, Ollie.
Can you create a zenmaster boogre vampire for me?
I certainly would not mind that. Oh and by the way (please, excuse my ignorance)where on the net was it that I might find your saved game?
I might do that, it takes while to get all Tomes to become Zenmaster...
I had finished Boogre Prison and I must go Stout mines, Dragonspire to get into Brimloch and hmmm.... into Pyramid after Skull Castle and Anephas Shrine....
So it would take some time.

I don't know how to edit W&W, so If you know how to edit all tomes to one of my character I would make him Zenmaster-Vampire-Boogre [img]smile.gif[/img]

I havn't put saved games into my page yet, ( I must update my pages from school ) but tomorrow afternoon, I'd say 24h from this moment you can find some saved games ( packed to zip-format ) from my pages, click here to visit my page...

I have W&W pages there and I'll put saved games there.
Go and check tomorrow, I'll put notification on news ( you can read them on my main page ) when it's done.

kevanS !
Welcome to our merry group!
As Radek told great tips about solo game and we have plenty of hints and comments about other things about this game, I hope you enjoy time you have with us [img]smile.gif[/img]

Edited to inform...

I added one save game into my W&W page. ( link is above )
It's from Shuregon Castle near Lysandra.
If you want, make some character become Vapire! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 02-06-2003, 10:29 AM: Message edited by: Olli Kalma ]
Old 02-06-2003, 08:52 AM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Welcome to the boards, KevanS! May your dinner table always be garnished with fresh salads...

Sounds like you've been having some fun so far! Most people finish at least a game or two before they decide it's too easy and they want more of a challenge.

Do keep us posted on how your games are going. We're always curious...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2003, 09:53 AM   #18
bsftcs
Red Dragon

I must say, Olli, quite an impressive website you have got. And I am sorry, no I do not know how to edit the game.
Old 02-10-2003, 08:27 AM   #19
kev
Drizzt Do'Urden

Gday KevanS.
It's nice to see yet another West Aussie on this forum, you're the 4th. Most of these good people are in the grip of a nasty winter at the moment so it is important not to rub in the fact that it is perfect weather here. They especially don't need to know that it was 41c on saturday & great at the beach. [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img]
kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2003, 11:51 AM   #20
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Well in Denmark the average temperature during the winter months is about 4 degrees celsius. This winter however saw some cold records when the temperature dropped to -18c. We seldom get any snow, instead we have cloudy weather with occasional showers as well as a lot of fog about six months in a row starting each autumn. We do have the biggest stretch of coast in the world compared to our landmass. And most of our coastal regions have the best sandy beaches one can imagine. Unfortunately the water is only warm enough for bathing for about a month's time each year. And the temperature seldom rises above 30 degrees celsius.
So I guess I will be looking at another two months of fog.