Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-23-2006, 11:19 AM   #1
Tyrion
Quintesson

Ok, im getting oblivion soon so i thought i would plan my character ahead a bit.
I thinking a Nord warrior, with main attributes Strength and Personality. Im thinking skills like: Heavy armor, blades, blunt, speechcraft, mercantile, Armourer and block.

Will this be bad or will it work? Im a warrior type!
Old 03-23-2006, 03:03 PM   #2
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Tyrion:
Ok, im getting oblivion soon so i thought i would plan my character ahead a bit.
I thinking a Nord warrior, with main attributes Strength and Personality. Im thinking skills like: Heavy armor, blades, blunt, speechcraft, mercantile, Armourer and block.

Will this be bad or will it work? Im a warrior type!
This sound good to me. In this game Speechcraft is a minigame, and it help if you have a high speechcraft skill. You might consider getting armorer, as my items break quite often and I haven't found anyone that can repair stuff so far. It wasn't a problem when I used throw away regular stuff but now that I'm wearing lots of magic items.
Old 03-24-2006, 05:52 AM   #3
Tomin
Dungeon Master

Go to any of the weapons dealers in the market in the imperial city and they can fix broken items. Sometimes its a bit pricey but sometimes you can luck out and find very special items that cost 0 gold to repair no matter if they are completly broke or not....

Love my katana with 0 gp value so repairs are free.
Tomin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2006, 05:33 PM   #4
Tyrion
Quintesson

Im thinking about having Armourer as a minor skill, in favour for restoration...Im doing my own class, the Paladin.
This will make healing better I presume...and because im going to do alot of repairing anyways that skill will improve
Old 03-27-2006, 09:02 PM   #5
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I was originally a character much like yours, but I then switched over to light armour and sneak. Let me tell you, it's awesome. Not only is there still some really good light armour (particularly if you get the rewards from joining certain organisations,) but the 6x sneak attack is really awesome for the beginning of combat. I never liked having armorer, since you can get everything repaired anyways. I figure, if at some point, I need it out in the wild, I can do a decent duct-tape job with my ~15 skill points. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
True_Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2006, 04:34 AM   #6
Tyrion
Quintesson

I have never liked sneaking for some reason...the paladin type is my favourite, I like to roleplay them
Old 03-28-2006, 05:08 AM   #7
Tyrion
Quintesson

Made my char in a planner:
http://www.oblivionmods.info/?Tyrion...&8&15&16&18&20

what say you?