Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-12-2001, 11:53 PM   #11
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

If you really want to keep Yoshi:
Have him in your party, then before you enter the Spellhold, go inside an inn (or any building), put him near the doorway and drop him from the party(and tell him to wait for you).
Once you finished the whole Spellhold drama, head back to where you drop Yoshi off, as soon as you walk into the inn (or whatever building he is in), PAUSE the game and command your character to talk to him. When you talk to him, talk him back into the party. When the conversation ends and Yoshi is in your party, he will die from the geas. Just take him to a temple or resurrect him and he is as good as new.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-13-2001, 12:54 AM   #12
Kellin da Mage
Dungeon Master

Well I have to admit that he is an exclent thief, and **sigh** Bounty Hunter. I was very mad at myself that I never questions why he appeared when he did, and why a bounty hunter was so intrested in me. I assumed he was a child of Bhall as well, sence he was in the same dungeon with me. However I got cought up in trying to stay alive long enough to finish all the quests tossed at me in chapter 2 so I didn't pay much attention to the thief. Humm that would be what he would want.

It was an exclent plot, very well thought out betrail, and compleatly believable. I kinda figure that he has a Gaes placed on him but ah. Well you see my main character may be goodly, but he has a very nasty sence of revenge, being the child of Bhall and all. So I disingetraged the lil sucker, didn't ask about the gaes, and left his heart to rot. Moral imperative kinda (one does not tred on the elf). Besides that he attacked me with his lil theif buddies. He could have chosen to resist and die. And I'm sure somewhere along the line of his life he could have made the choise not to run into Irenicious <--sp? So I don't believe in the notion he was inocent in the betrail.

Besides I was letting sis back in the party anyway. She is the only character that will make be able to cast 7th and 8th level spells by the time we need them (I didn't pick up Niali). I have spells to detect traps, knock spells, and setting off a trap or two will not kill me I don't think. I have boots of stelth, and a ring of danger sence, invisiablity spells. I'm not haveing any trouble with sis's thief-less-ness. I also realized that her magic would be kinda low to start out, and that her spell would be limited. Before leaveing to find her I stocked up on scrolls of just about every spell I thought we would need. Once I found her, we sat down and had a little spell learning session, and then re-did the spells.

Right now just entering the underdark my main characters are very close to the level cap, and Ieomen is 13th level. Once I compleate all the quests for the Drow, and head back up to the surface I sill have a copple more liches to kill off, and finnish the rest of the game. Ieomen will be just fine by then. If not the exp cap remover I installed will proally allow Aerie and my main character to cast big magic also. Jon will not have a chance.

------------------
--Kellin da Mage--
Old 03-13-2001, 09:11 AM   #13
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Accord: Hey! COOL! Thanks for the info! ) F.
If you really want to keep Yoshi:
Have him in your party, then before you enter the Spellhold, go inside an inn (or any building), put him near the doorway and drop him from the party(and tell him to wait for you).
Once you finished the whole Spellhold drama, head back to where you drop Yoshi off, as soon as you walk into the inn (or whatever building he is in), PAUSE the game and command your character to talk to him. When you talk to him, talk him back into the party. When the conversation ends and Yoshi is in your party, he will die from the geas. Just take him to a temple or resurrect him and he is as good as new.

Old 03-13-2001, 09:14 AM   #14
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Somebody below said about leaving Yoshimo's heart to rot.... I nearly CRIED when he had to die, (and I carry his heart still, till I can get it to a Temple....) He was the BEST thief out! Imoen is utter rubbish in comparison, and she can't advance as a Thief, either! :-{
F.

Have you ever been spoiled Fljotsdale. I was, on this subject. It's VERY annoying when you don't put spoiler in the title and then post this.

------------------
FAIR DINKUM!
Old 03-13-2001, 09:31 AM   #15
dafan

Yoshi is to be dead.... I kill him the first I do
Imoen and Aerie are great just develope them good and they might be your best players

------------------
My strength and honor
for king and country
Old 03-13-2001, 11:14 AM   #16
Charlie
Lord Ao

As I remember Yoshi must be dropped before setting sail for Spellhold. If he sets sail with you and you dump him when you reach the first Island then Irenicus (upon meeting him) will tell you of Yoshi's treachery and he will not be where you left him. If you leave him at the Copper Coronet before sailing, then Irenicus will not mention Yoshi at all and you can keep him. Remember that you will have to do the whole of the Underdark etc first. When you eventually get back to the CC put on your boots of speed before entering. When you enter Yoshi is close to the door and you will be able to run to him and initiate dialogue. He then dies and you can ressurect him. He topped up around level 23 or 24 in my game.

Thinking on it, if Yoshi dies and this removes his geas then logically thinking you should be able to top him early in the game and this should remove it for you....I don't think this is the case though.

Yorick.....Spot on.
I had this part of the game ruined for me by reading about Yoshi's plot by accident through the lack of a SPOILER warning. This prepared me and I took measures to avoid his departure. I'd rather not have known and just let the plot unfold naturally.............sigh.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-13-2001, 11:29 AM   #17
Sentinel04
The Magister

I'm keeping Yoshimo the second time through. He was so awsome...

------------------
Old 03-13-2001, 02:21 PM   #18
Artemis
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Have you ever been spoiled Fljotsdale. I was, on this subject. It's VERY annoying when you don't put spoiler in the title and then post this.

Ditto. I came to debate his player skills, not learn about stuff I'm just about to find out...(I'm entering Spellhold as we speak)

On the player skills debate front, I'm less impressed with Yoshi than it seems everyone else is. I don't have an appreciation of his trap skills (although that's more my fault), and even with his find traps skills all jacked up, he still misses a lot of stuff. Imoen is my gal from back home and her thieving skills are pretty decent (level 8?). Plus, you can develop her nicely as a key mage complement, which is critical in certain battles.
Old 03-13-2001, 02:26 PM   #19
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

I would definitely agree that Imoen is more practical than Yoshimo, however, it is really up to the style of game play you play. Personally, trap setting is a luxury for me, magic is more important.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-13-2001, 02:59 PM   #20
Charlie
Lord Ao

It's funny what different people do and don't use. Personally I never use any traps, I very rarely use defensive or protection spells of any description and more often than not I totally forget about special abilities and the special bag icon thing that enables limited use stuff. Potions too are rarely used except the absolutely necessary and the thieving ones. It's not through trying to be clever or anything like that......it's more through a sort of rhythm and style that you fall into and get used to.

------------------
One love, peace.