Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 01:06 AM   #31
Lady Blue03
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Yes, they chose a very bad collection of singers that made me want to turn the TV off *shudders*

Good job patriots! They deserved the win yep. Very good game, if a little slow in the beginning.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:12 AM   #32
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Nice to see a good game for a change come Superbowl time.
Old 02-02-2004, 01:22 AM   #33
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Did anyone notice something wierd that happened during the halftime show?
You mean the part where the young punk ripped the top of the girl singer?
Got it.

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 02-02-2004, 06:27 AM   #34
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
quote:
Originally posted by LordKathen:
Did anyone notice something wierd that happened during the halftime show?
You mean the part where the young punk ripped the top of the girl singer?
Got it.
[/QUOTE]Yep, saw it. CBS is already stating that they will never let MTV produce another show for them again (they weren't in the loop on it). Fox News has already brought it up, and one of the correspondents asked "didn't they [CBS] see the whole Madonna kissing Brittany incident?"

Let's face it, Janet Jackson's sales haven't been exactly stellar the past few years, and if the Madonna/Brittany incident shows anything, it shows that controversy can help a career. I chose to ignore it, since if you ignore stuff like that they'll go away eventually.

And yes, the halftime entertainment sucked, but then again I'm 33 years old, and it was aimed at people in their teens and early 20s. P. Diddy/Puff Daddy/Sean "Puffy" Combs/whatever the heck he calls himself now needs to go away, as does Nelly. Justin Timberlake should not have ever existed as far as I'm concerned. Janet Jackson was mediocre at best, and I'm sick of "embellishing" the National Anthem. The song is there, just sing the damn thing. Don't put extra notes and stuff like that in there. Just leave the damn thing alone already (can you see that maybe I didn't like the Beyonce National Anthem). In other words, the halftime show stunk unless you were in the target audience, or liked those performers. I turned the sound off during most of it, and eventually used the opportunity to go to the bathroom (got back in time for the "breat pop", though ). The National Anthem was mediocre at best. Aerosmith was the highlight, and that was only because the others were so bad.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 02-02-2004, 07:18 AM   #35
Donut
Jack Burton

Why do they always kick off in the middle of the night?

Watched the build up, had a bet on the number of points to be scored in the 1st quarter (lost heavily) Fell asleep before the 2nd quarter, woke up during the half time show. Couldn't stay awake so I went to bed. I'd backed the Patriots with Panthers +9. Lost heavily.

Thank god for Brady who got me out of jail with his performance, so I ended up in front on the match.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 02-02-2004, 07:47 AM   #36
Davros
Takhisis Follower

What do you mean in the middle of the night Donut? I just watched the replay because it was on when I was at work on Monday. Came ome and avoided knowing the score all day. Watched a great game, and was pissed off again when the team that I wanted to win went down by a field goal.

Man, I reckon if you need a tip for next years Superbowl, just sit back and wait for me to decide who I am going to support - then go out and bet heavily on the other team [img]smile.gif[/img] . You would think I had learnt my lesson by now. My breakthrough season to take an interest in the sport was the Bills losing to the Giants through a missed field goal in the final seconds. From there I backed 4 straight losing Bills teams and that set me on the path to a losing record .

PS : I did manage to tip the Bronco's correctly a couple of times though .

PPS : took me a bit of rummaging in the memory to come up with the kickers name without resorting to Google - good ole Scotty Norwood - Aaaaaarrrggghhhh - the long painful road started there
Old 02-02-2004, 10:53 AM   #37
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

So you mean those were Janets's... you know...

I thought it was all part of the plan AND that that wasn't her real thing...

So what I saw was for real? Meaning... It is kind of odd that the color was somewhat... light... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-02-2004, 12:58 PM   #38
quietman1920

The Panthers may have missed (2) two-point conversions, but at least Janet Jackson provided an extra point...

Note to self: When did women wearing Ninja Throwing Stars under their clothes become popular?
Old 02-02-2004, 03:15 PM   #39
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Are you aware that a newspaper said that the NFL "wasn't happy" with the breast thing?
Right. I sure believe that. It's obvious. Men don't want to see that kind of thing.
When did I enter the Bizarro World?

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 02-02-2004, 03:17 PM   #40
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well I missed the entire first half of the game AND the half time show. But that's OK, because the 2nd half was some of the best football I've watched in a very long time.

I was very proud of the Panthers. I expect everybody wrote them off when New England scored that last touchdown, but Carolina proved they could drive the length of the field and score a TD in Crunch Time TWICE (once to go ahead and once to tie the game at 29). I understand they also missed a 2pt conversion in the 1st half of the game. If they had made both of those, they would have won the game. Then again, if they had made the first 2pt conversion, they probably would not have gone for the second one. Either way, the Panthers have nothing to be ashamed of. Maybe now they will FINALLY get some respect from the media and fans.

Gotta give credit to Tom Brady too, though. He was cool as ice on the last drive to get into field goal range. Of course, the Carolina kicker helped by shanking the ball at the WORST possible time (AAAAAARRRRGGGGHHHHH). Still, the Patriots did what they had to do to win the game....so I give credit where credit is due.