Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-15-2000, 07:11 AM   #11
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi Regis,

Great quotes. I recognised the first four, but Cher Rogi is missing from my education. Puzzled by your guessing quote, one eyed god and all that, sounds like somthing Mandorallen would say to a bunch of grolims. I know I have heard those words before and it annoys me that I can't put my finger on it. Still as Dana would say " Deny not your own mortality - you failed because humans fail". I get quite taken by great lines as well, but so many books, so little time. I must away to collect a few of my favourites, where is that damn dragon, and who has pinched my hat, Thief, Thief.

The road goes ever on
Old 11-15-2000, 09:15 AM   #12
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I love it when someone can just recall a great quote like that (snap of the fingers).

Wyv
Old 11-15-2000, 02:15 PM   #13
Regis
Welcomed New User

Cher Rogi was more commonly known as Rogatien Remillard, who recounts the tale of the Metaphyschic Rebellion (he was uncle/great uncle/etc. to the major characters in the series)

The other one was close...it was the image of Barak that Polgara had conjured to scare off the Murgo sailors when their boat ran aground.

And the last, of course....but who wouldn't recognize that one?

All that is gold does not glitter
Old 11-15-2000, 02:56 PM   #14
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

And you say you are "just this guy"!! Well, modesty is a very nice character trait to add to your other talents!! Do you take time to memorize these great quotes or do they just naturally stick in your mind?? It would take a great deal of work on my part to be able to do that! (but then, you probably can't paint as well as I do, it evens out! )

Wyv
Old 11-15-2000, 04:50 PM   #15
Regis
Welcomed New User

The more-than-casual observer will notice my curse here...mainly that it's always the married (with children) women who heap praise on my head

The answer is...a little of both. A good book/series deserves re-reading from time to time, so I tend to refresh my memory on some of them. But a classic line will stick with you regardless (hence, the birth of the sound-byte in politics). The main difference is that most people don't read alot anymore...they can just as easily quote lines from movies, though.

"I say, you wouldn't happen to have a bit of bat guano on you, would you, old boy?"
Old 11-15-2000, 05:12 PM   #16
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!!

I love reading!! 4 to 5 books in a week can be really easy when I'm on a roll! Currently I am suffering from reading glasses which are designed to work well with my computer but hardly help when I want to cuddle a good book! I journeyed far today to correct that situation only to find that my eye weezard was on vacation hunting and his receptionist had mistakenly booked me with his replacement. I shall wait until next week for him to properly work his magic and then I am breaking open my treasure chest of books and catch up!

I often re-read favorite books! They are familiar friends! I'll find an author I enjoy and buy everything! Maybe on some of the books I will be reading soon I will make an effort to remember a few really good lines!

Wyv