Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-16-2002, 03:00 PM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

...how many do I need? I have 1; the snow globe and am just about finished smashing the creator ruins... How much longer until I find and combat Aribeth? I'm getting impaient now... I dont give a damn about Neverwinter... let it burn... the only one I care about is Aribeth... and killing the lizard ppl, oh yeah Nashers on the "hit list" too; Aarin... hes not as of yet... how much longer til I hit chap 4? I want this to end... I get the feeling its a tradgerdy... but... I need to finish this.. and soon... Any idea how long roughly if I power though? (Im a ranger [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) how many Words of Power... plz answer...thanks
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 05:18 PM   #2
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

There are 3 words of power. I'd imagine each quest would take about as long as it took you to get the first one [img]smile.gif[/img]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2002, 06:02 PM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
...how many do I need? I have 1; the snow globe and am just about finished smashing the creator ruins... How much longer until I find and combat Aribeth? I'm getting impaient now... I dont give a damn about Neverwinter... let it burn... the only one I care about is Aribeth... and killing the lizard ppl, oh yeah Nashers on the "hit list" too; Aarin... hes not as of yet... how much longer til I hit chap 4? I want this to end... I get the feeling its a tradgerdy... but... I need to finish this.. and soon... Any idea how long roughly if I power though? (Im a ranger [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) how many Words of Power... plz answer...thanks
One way you can go through is by going online and joining a game with Chapter 4 running. It's better if you wait though because some of the higher level stuff could be difficult if you don't level up good before you start. By the time you reach Aribeth, the game seems to think you should be level 19. If you have good backup then you should be ok. Otherwise, get some help. [img]redface.gif[/img] ) I finally made it to level 20 with a Ranger/Thief/Sorceror, and first attempted it at level 16. Wasn't a cake walk, I tell you. I died a few times. Purchased some scrolls and got a whole bunch of heal potions. Don't bother buying cure crits, you will lose hp's too fast.

EDIT: If you are near level 20, then it won't be so hard. I can finish it on my own now. Gaining sorceror level is what turned the tide for me initially, as I could use ALL magic user scrolls. With thief, I can use cleric items. I can go it without magic now though. Definitely bring as much as you can first time through. I will not add anymore or would need to spoiler.

[ 08-16-2002, 06:04 PM: Message edited by: Tobbin ]
Old 08-16-2002, 06:47 PM   #4
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

[quote]Originally posted by Tobbin:
Quote:
One way you can go through is by going online and joining a game with Chapter 4 running. It's better if you wait though because some of the higher level stuff could be difficult if you don't level up good before you start. By the time you reach Aribeth, the game seems to think you should be level 19. If you have good backup then you should be ok. Otherwise, get some help. [img]redface.gif[/img] ) I finally made it to level 20 with a Ranger/Thief/Sorceror, and first attempted it at level 16. Wasn't a cake walk, I tell you. I died a few times. Purchased some scrolls and got a whole bunch of heal potions. Don't bother buying cure crits, you will lose hp's too fast.

EDIT: If you are near level 20, then it won't be so hard. I can finish it on my own now. Gaining sorceror level is what turned the tide for me initially, as I could use ALL magic user scrolls. With thief, I can use cleric items. I can go it without magic now though. Definitely bring as much as you can first time through. I will not add anymore or would need to spoiler.
cheers; I'm a lvl 18, no 19. Cal will be ok, he always is [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol, besides, he has Linu to heal him... [img]tongue.gif[/img] join a mutli player game? I would... if I could make it work... any idea WHERE the three words of power are? I gather there one in the creator ruins, one in the snow globe... would the other be in those savage barbain caves which are currently locked? or do I have to slay that lizard witch? I seem to remember that she holds a word of power...
Old 08-16-2002, 08:32 PM   #5
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Second Word of Power is in a cave in the Fort Ilkard area.

Third Word of Power is in Moonwood.

[ 08-16-2002, 08:32 PM: Message edited by: ladyzekke ]

Reality Show Recaps
Ladyzekke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2002, 06:36 AM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Thank you! Right.... now to destroy the lizard folk n barbaians, then to avenge Aribeth... hmm, was getting a bit sick of the toolset anyway... damn WinAp funtion 31 or whatever! *evil grin* Now how many dragons did you say there were...?