Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-02-2004, 04:12 PM   #1
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

[img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] ARGH I just spent like two and a half hours waiting in line at the DMV to take a road test to get my licence, and finally they call my name to go out and take the test, so things are going normal i get in he's checking the blinkers and such outside of the car, then he walks up to the window and tells me i have a break light out, and that I can't take the test unless the car passes outside inspection. He's like well just go get a new bulb and come back and take the test but your gonna have to wait in line again, at this time its about 2:50 and roadtest end at 4:00 and the line is BACKED UP OUT THE DOOR, so I drive down to get the replacement bulb and just to see which brake light is out I have my mom hit the breaks while I check and THE LIGHTS ARE WORKING FINE!!!!! so now i have to go back up there tomarrow and wait in line again.

I needed to vent that i'm sure some of you probally have worse dmv stories though.
Old 02-02-2004, 04:41 PM   #2
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
How annoying! The thing I hate the most about the Australian equivalent of the DMV is the number of people there paying their registration in person. You can pay by phone, people! So you end up having to wait for about 4 times as long as you otherwise would for things you HAVE to be there for, like renewing your licence [img]graemlins/idontagreeatall.gif[/img]

LOL I remember when I took my driving test and passed. We went in to get my licence and had the photo, and it was actually quite nice! Except on closer inspection they had given me another learner's permit, so we had to go back and get another photo taken and wait while they made it up again. Fortunately they didn't make us wait in line again, but the photo was much worse!
Old 02-02-2004, 05:43 PM   #3
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Ya know, if you call ahead & make an appointment, you can walk in and not have to wait in that line. It works that way here in Florida, and I think most (all?) other states have the same setup...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 02-02-2004, 07:33 PM   #4
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by VulcanRider:
Ya know, if you call ahead & make an appointment, you can walk in and not have to wait in that line. It works that way here in Florida, and I think most (all?) other states have the same setup...
Thing about that is I need someone to take me and my moms schedual is always changing so I never really know when I can go.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:16 PM   #5
T/-/alali
Baaz Draconian

I had to wait 7 hours in line at the DMV to get my permit because the computers were down state wide.
Old 02-02-2004, 09:21 PM   #6
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Quote:
Will they do that for the voting polls?

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Old 02-03-2004, 07:18 PM   #7
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Quote:
Originally posted by Felix The Assassin:
quote:
Will they do that for the voting polls? [/QUOTE]I've never heard of the polls doing that, but it's a great idea...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
Old 02-03-2004, 08:25 PM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

That sounds like a royal pain! You get to wait all that time, find out the light is really working and then go back later...ugh! I guess DMV offices are pretty much the same everywhere! Hurry up and wait!
Old 02-03-2004, 10:27 PM   #9
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I went back this mourning right when they opened took the test and passed. good going me
Old 02-04-2004, 06:53 AM   #10
ryaldin
Elminster

Exclamation

The day I was prepared to take my driving exam, my mother's car broke down...big time. The transmission (an automatic, of course) gave up the ghost, so I was a bit stranded. We called up my grandparents and borrowed and old (1984-ish) Chevy Nova, but the Nova's of the 80's wern't Chevy's, they were Toyota's with chevy emblems on them (seriously, Chevrolet purchased an older model of toyota and put it into production as the compact car for chevrolet). I believe the power steering pump went out on it, so it was actually more difficult that driving without power steering to begin with. I had NEVER driven this car in my life, and I was...15? at the time, and hardly what I would call an experienced driver. Competent, maybe. Lastly, the car was stiff, and slow, and it handled like a brick on a rollerskate, because for some reason, when senior citizens own a car for a long time, they really don't seem to push it too hard, and the car pretty much gets used to going slow...really really slow, and really really gently. Of course it didn't help that I was nervous, and pretty much shaking during the whole test. I passed with a 95 or a 97. Whew.