Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-22-2000, 07:10 PM   #1
GameOver

Just in case anyone was wondering, I am the idiot that posted a message regarding a "Buccaneer/Fighter" earlier on. What I meant to say was:

At the moment, I am playing with a level 10 Swashbuckler.I am considering dueling him to a fighter, because I heard that combining his Swashbuckler bonuses(+2 damage,+2 to hit @lv10)with fighter proficincies and armour, will make him into a supperior fighter(if you dont mind the low hp's). At the moment my Swashbuckler has something like:

+++ Two weapon style
+ long sword(I think)

My questions are:

1)If I duel him to fighter and reach level 11, will he still get his Swashbuckler bonuses (+2 to hit,+2 damage)if he uses plate armour?

2)If I put 4 points in long sword, will he have 5 points when his Swashbuckler skills get reactivated? ie. are proficincies cumulative when duel classing.

3)I know that his hitpoints suck, but other than this do you think that this character is any good.

4) Are there any better ways to get a fighter -without using Shadowkeeper.

You dont have to answer all the questions, and any suggestions will be welcome.
I am looking foreward to your replies.

Old 11-22-2000, 08:04 PM   #2
spludge

hey mate
1.he is gonna keep his damage and hit boni when wearing plate only his thief skills will be diabled.
2.i'm not too sure about this one but it should work since it does work if u have a fighter dual class it to a mage u do have all the +'s u ever chose but i dont know for sure since i couldnt give my mage +'s in proper weapons anyway.
3.dont worry about the hitpoints too much since u might get extra ones if u dual class as a fighter i dont know whether u;ll get the whole con bonus but.i reckon it should be alright since if u have another fighter u can send him in first and then this one (thats what i do with my kensai because his AC sux)
4. thats just a question of what u like best since there are so many combinations but a half-orc should have a +2 damage and +1 to hit compared with a human fighter with a strength of 18/51 to 18/75 which is about the average.