Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 01-03-2007, 08:51 PM   #1
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

So ive been playing around with vordans hero creator....
I propose a challenge to others who are also doing this:

Create a character that can defeat the large outsider raiding party using only a basic adamantine weapon (or 2 if duel wielding). that is to say, you cant use any weapons with ridiculously powerful enchantments that would make the fight too easy.

So far ive defeated the encounter 3 times using different builds:
The level 20 cleric has had the easiest time of this fight because of its ability to use damage boosting spells - aid, prayer, divine favor, bless, weapon of impact as persistent spells and these as normal or extended versions aura vs alightment, divine power, spell mantle, spell resistance, death ward, greater magic weapon, energy immunity, regenerate, battletide
Stats with spells but no armor/rings etc:
24 stre 6 int
19 dex 19 wis
6 con 12 cha
Attack: main hand +34/+29/+24 1d8 +7 crit 19-20 +9 magic dmg + 1 slashing + 1d6 vs evil. For the offhand its the same to hit but 1d4 +3 since its a dagger instead of a morning star.
saves: fort & reflex 13, will 20
With reasonable equipment (the same things my characters through the main campaign were able to obtain) this build was able to take on 3 balors a bunch of seductresses and imps on easily.

the second build i did this with had ALOT harder of a time was a 10 paladin 10 divine champion, this build was based on getting super high saves, but is a lot weaker since it hasn't got the raw offensive power that the cleric could muster (only 1 booster spell and it doesn't last long enough)

the 3rd build was a 20 druid, its offensive power is too low to do very much damage to the balors, but because of a bug with tortoise shell it lasted long enough - the shell is giving 15 AC instead of the 9 max that it should. so the druid had 52 AC which is a good 10 higher than the other two builds.

I tried a 20 monk which got totally creamed, as did a ranger, a bard, a warlock, and a ranger12duelist8.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2007, 05:21 PM   #2
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

New experiment worked pretty well:
Basically same spells active as for the first cleric, but now changed domain to plant/water in order to use protection amulet without loss of natural armor.
I found out a new power combo for the cleric: divine might and divine shield, since i play as a charismatic cleric this allows me to get my charisma added to either my damage or my AC for rounds equal to the cha bonus. So for this char it translates to +9 AC or +9 dmg.
Stats with equip only obtainable in OC:
22 stre int 10
16 dex wis 23
14 con cha 28
Attack w/adam flail +37/+32/+27 1d8 +6 crit 19-20x2 +1 slash +7 magi damag +9 divine damage with DM
Ac 45 or 54 with DS
Saves: 39 fort 32 reflex 43 will
Classes: 17 cleric 2 blackguard 1 warlock
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote