Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-29-2002, 08:32 PM   #1
Lord KC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

and want to have my dual class as a Mage. At what level is best to become a Mage?

Thank you,
Lord KC
Old 11-29-2002, 09:24 PM   #2
True_Moose
Gold Dragon

I would say a pure class mage is better than anything, but for the best balance, probably dual-class at level 5 (heavier on magic) or level 8 (use bows, x-bows more, more balanced char.)
[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2002, 09:44 PM   #3
Lord KC
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thank you, I'll try the level 8 Rogue then go Mage for magic

Thanks again,
Lord KC
Old 12-01-2002, 02:28 PM   #4
Darkman

There is a rather decent rogue guide at gamefaqs.com. The site is currently down for maintainence, but I remember that it had a section devoted specifically to building a rogue/mage. You should check it out once the site is back up.

BTW, you don't have to dual to a mage so to speak. You can make the change gradually, adding a level of mage here and there. I think the key things are to start as a rogue (for the first level bonuses), and then evaluate how much rogue skills you want and how many spell levels you want to have in the end. And of course, if you have high INT you should become a rogue/wizard, and if you have higher CHA then choose sorcerer.

Another note of some significance: a multiclass mage is not going to be able to cast spells all the time like a regular mage, so be prepared to develop your character so that he can fight when needed. You should definately take Point Blank Shot and probably some other combat related feats depending on your preference.

Good luck!
Old 12-22-2002, 12:01 AM   #5
Draten-Master of Fire and Ice
Dungeon Master

A high level thief with a few levels of wizard (like fifth or sixth so you have access to 3rd level spells) can be very dangerous if well played. Personally, I would start out as a Wizard simply because it's harder to do. You could alternate advancing in thief and wizard until you get to fifth or sixth level and then decide whether to continue like that or switch to thief or switch to wizard.