Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2002, 03:35 AM   #1
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

How can you get any xp in this game it is almost empty of monsters to fight i only find some rats, crabs amd worms to fight here!!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 03:43 AM   #2
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

There's no xp in this game. You gain a level up by increasing your major and minor skill by 10.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 03:52 AM   #3
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

you havent left the ascadian coast have you? hell youll wish all there was, was rats and worms. specially when you get a cliff racer ever 10 feet you walk. dont forget when you finally deside to explore a tomb. youll explore your reload button many times over when you face a bonelord and or skeleton champ. be glad that at the beginning all you have to fight are rats.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 04:15 AM   #4
Megabot

Quote:
you havent left the ascadian coast have you? hell youll wish all there was, was rats and worms. specially when you get a cliff racer ever 10 feet you walk. dont forget when you finally deside to explore a tomb. youll explore your reload button many times over when you face a bonelord and or skeleton champ. be glad that at the beginning all you have to fight are rats.
Okay i have come to that guy on the bridge that summon skelettons and i have not yet been leveling up so i die all the time maby i shall go back to the starting town and lurk around there more to level up a bit!
Old 06-15-2002, 02:42 PM   #5
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

Well, here is a tip, dont use the siltstriderservice. WALK everywhere you need to go. Along the way you'll find many tomba and animals. And make your major skill athletics so when you walk around, you gain lotsa skills up and thus levels up !!!!

[ 06-15-2002, 02:48 PM: Message edited by: Zuvio ]
Old 06-15-2002, 04:19 PM   #6
Megabot

Quote:
Well, here is a tip, dont use the siltstriderservice. WALK everywhere you need to go. Along the way you'll find many tomba and animals. And make your major skill athletics so when you walk around, you gain lotsa skills up and thus levels up !!!!
Well thx for the tip! i have now killed hundreds of monster still i am at level 1!!!!!!!!!!!! it say 3-10 on level one what is trigger the leveling? monster killing or how many quest`s you do? or maby both?
Old 06-15-2002, 04:21 PM   #7
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

once you raise your skill level 10 times in your major or minor skills you will level up. what are your major/minor skills?
Old 06-15-2002, 06:33 PM   #8
skywalker
Banned User

In other words...
You have 10 different skills 5 major and 5 minor that are used for leveling up.

Each time you use one of them, the skill goes up small percentage. You can check by holding the mouse pointer over the skill name, which will show how much out of 100% you have improved before you go up 1 point.

As said earlier, you need 10 increases of 1 point to gain a level.
Any combination will do. You could increase your sword skill 10 points and go up a level or go up 1 point in each or 3 points on 3 and 1 of another.

You can do this by using the skills or paying for training...training will give you a full point gain.

You get 3 choices to raise you attributes at level up. Now if you gain points in combat only skills, you will get a higher multiplier at level up, which means you may be able to raise strength by 3 instead of one. On the same token, if you raise mostly magic skills, you could add more to Intelligence...and so on.

You will be told when you can level up. There is a message that says you need to meditate on what you've learned.

I hope this is helpful., if you know all this, ignore me. Lotsa people already do!

Mark
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2002, 11:21 PM   #9
theifprowess
Drizzt Do'Urden

the game is not based on other rpgs you dont gain exp by killing stuff. if you are killing stuff with a long sword and you are not proficient with the long sword in either of your major and minor skills then your not going to gain lvls. i.e. its common for theives attributes in weapons to be handtohand and short blade.so if your a THEIF and you using a long blade your not going to gain a lvl by constantly using it.
theifprowess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2002, 03:05 AM   #10
Megabot

Okay guys i understand it now i am a little slow here but i got it now!!