Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-17-2002, 06:14 PM   #1
*\Conan/*
Red Dragon

Alot of you out there have enchanted some great things from what I read. And in my case have found some very nice weapons.
What are you useing and how does it kick butt?

Steel Sparkmauler
chop:1-32
slash:1-27
thrust:1-2
shock damage 3 to 7
charge: 20

Old 05-17-2002, 06:35 PM   #2
Gabrielles blades
Baaz Draconian

daedric weapons are the most "uber"
avoid them unless you want to never ever lose a fight

when i killed vivec i was using a daedrix 2 handed axe enchanted with a min 67 max 67 point fire on strike spell.
i also had a ring with about a 90 in shock and 90 ish cold spell on target within 10 feet of the blast so i could rapid cast it about 40 times for unbelievable damage.

currently playing the game as a monk and it takes forever to kill anything, which i prefer much more since its actually a challenge to right things.
Gabrielles blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2002, 06:58 PM   #3
Silverthornne
Dungeon Master

I keep a Daedric Longsword on me for rainy days, but the weapon I use the most is a Glass Longsword I enchanted with 2-3 points of poison damage for 2 secs when it strikes. I named it a Glass Venomsword (how original =p) and I know the enchantment isn't much but it only had 3 slots . It sure does look pretty glowing like that though, and I just love the glass longsword model [img]smile.gif[/img] .
Old 05-18-2002, 06:28 AM   #4
DraconisRex

Depends on the character:

Zorander the Wizard (Custom Mage Varient):

Silver Staff/Shock 8-16 for 1 second 5' on touch.

Elspeth the Night Mage (Custom Witchhunter Varient):

Steel Wazikashi/Poison 4-8 (?) 2 seconds on touch.

Fingolfin the Bounty Hunter (Total Hodge Podge):

Summon Daedric Bow
Summon Daedric Axe
Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?<br /><br />Vah! Denuone Latine loquebar? Me ineptum. Interdum modo elabitur.<br /><br />Di! Ecce hora! Uxor mea me necabit!
DraconisRex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 07:17 AM   #5
Reggie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My mage uses 2 deadric shortswords. Both enchantable for 12 points.

Both are about 10-22 damage with slash i think.
One has health absorb of 30 points on it per strike. There's no timer on this sword so it wont hurt the monster much, except maybe on the last blow where it absorbs the health for one second, but it gives me my health in tough situations.

The other uses Damage Health per strike. Must be around 30 or more also, i forgot. I find damage health much more useful then elemental damage, since often enough elemental damage is resisted, and i've yet to meet a monster that resists the Damage Health.
It does massive damage,i can take out a deadric lord or a golden saint in maybe 6 quick blows.

Both swords have a 80 000 g gem in them so they have a charge of 400 which lasts forever.

Ofcourse though my mage is lvl 52 or so now i think it was and his willpower and intelligence have been at 100 for ages already so his strength is raised considerable also.
Also his short blade skill is at 100 points now, i've been doing alot of meelee fighting with him since the start since its much faster then spellcasting.

I hardly cast spells anymore nowadays. I wear 2 rings with constant effect of reflect 20 % and resists on them and 40 % resist to normal weapons (whatever that may be). A helm with 30 % resist to cold constant effect, a cuiras with 60 % resist to magic constant effect and some other stuff. I made all those charged items coz they are much faster then casting by hand plus you wont have to rest anymore, unless you need to recharge the items. So now i can just go on a killing streak and hardly need to rest.

Then i use 1 fire damage ring of 80 pts with range of 20 feet and all kinds of amulets (I made them amulets so i can keep on the constant effect rings) for spells like open 100 pts, levitate, detect, telekinesis, calm creature, soultrap etc etc.

The dungeons with deadric guys etc were always hard for me till i came across the Calm Creature spell many levels back. That spell is just to Uber.
The standard spell is calm creature for 30 pts and its effective 99.99% of the time. Its way better then paralization which can be reflected at you or those demoralize spells etc (which never worked for me so far). You just calm them for 15 secs and while they stand there doing nothing you beat the shit out of them with yer swords. It pretty much makes spells like Silence etc totally obsolete.

The game hasnt been much of a challenge for a while already. Its gotten way to easy, still fun though. Just im thinking if i should just restart the game or quit it all together coz even now i only covered maybe 60 % of the whole area on the map hehehe.

I've learned one thing though, with a mage, skip the unarmoured spell and go for light armour instead plus blocking, coz you'll come across great light armours during the game. I started to use a shield very late but it blocks considerably even with low blocking skill. Im using a deadric shield now with fortify 10 intelligence constant effect, affordable coz it only costs 35 000 gold from an enchanter to make the item.
Ofcourse my speed is at skill 100 now but i've never noticed any speed reduction with light armour.

I think the game is designed to be challenging to lvl 20-30 maybe coz of the lack of variation in monsters since the toughest you'll come across are ascender sleepers and deadric lords and golden saints. This combined with certain Uber items you'll find in certain areas which have constant effect on them etc.
Also the enchanting items make it great to make customized items but they cut down on your recast time considerably and wont harm your magicka pool.
Only reason i nowadays cast spells myself is coz im bored with using my charged items hehehe duh. Scrolls also seem to be useless to me during the game. I've carried a shitload of scrolls and potions with me always but hardly ever had to use them.

Greetz,

Reggie !!!!
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2002, 09:13 PM   #6
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

i am kicking ass with hand-to-hand-fighting believe it or not but you can simply kill everything by reducing its fatigue to zero...
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
lord_gabriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2002, 02:51 PM   #7
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

Fiend Katana as pictured below stole it at first lvl and haven't found anything better that is one-handed.
Old 07-14-2002, 08:08 PM   #8
Ceren
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I am waiting to get my enchant level up enough to be successful, but I have been collecting Daedric Weapons, I think they just look awesome, and they hurt! My best one is the Daedric two handed very long bladed Wauzuki (I think I messed up bad spelling that) anyway it has a 60 chop! I Love It!!! I don't remember the rest of the stats, but I almost have the complete Daedric weapon set, and I won't use anything else now.
Old 07-14-2002, 11:47 PM   #9
Rimjaw
Red Wizard of Thay

Its Wakizashi. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

I've got an enchanted Glass Longsword and Daedric Katana. The Katana is only used for the tougher critters since it deals insane damage and is so heavy that it uses up too much stamina. I have the absorb health effect on both. Absorb Health is the best effect IMHO. I used to have a very worn out steel broadsword to use against rats etc when practicing my Long Blade Skill.
Rimjaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2002, 03:07 AM   #10
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

if you think that the weapon cost too much stamina to use, try to enchant an item that can give you stamina regeneration or try to make the weapon to absorb fatigue.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote