Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2002, 05:51 AM   #1
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">I know most people on this forum ain't HP fans, but I was just wondering if anyone else was going to see it tonight? I got tickets for the special preview, the film is released next week in the UK. First showing tonight!

The first film was ok, the books were awesome, let's see how this film turns out! Quite excited really!</font>
Old 11-08-2002, 05:53 AM   #2
Sio

I was kinda dissapointed with the first films seeing as the books were great, so im not gonna be going to see this and will just wait for it on DVD, let us know how it is though! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2002, 08:53 AM   #3
Thoran
Galvatron

Sio you must be a tough critic, the first movie was outstanding. I have not read the book, so I judge it based only on the quality of the movie, and it was one of the best of '01 IMO (and there were a LOT of good movies out that year).

Good plot, outstanding effects, excellent acting (especially from the actor who played Ron... lots of talent in that kid). The imagery was wonderful, diagon (sp?) alley was spectacular.

Honestly I enjoyed it almost as much a LOTR (and that's saying a LOT)
Thoran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 08:55 AM   #4
Kaltia
Jack Burton

I'm gonna see the preview tonight too! *dances around her room with a startled, then vicious, home version of [img]graemlins/choc.gif[/img] *
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2002, 09:29 AM   #5
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

<font color = aqua> The special preview here is on the 10th and I've got my tickets too. I thought they stayed pretty close to the book in the first movie. Far more than most do. I still prefer the books if I had to choose though. I'm sad that when they make the third someone else will be playing Dumbledor. He was perfect for the part. </font>
Old 11-08-2002, 01:11 PM   #6
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Thoran:
Sio you must be a tough critic, the first movie was outstanding. I have not read the book, so I judge it based only on the quality of the movie, and it was one of the best of '01 IMO (and there were a LOT of good movies out that year).

Good plot, outstanding effects, excellent acting (especially from the actor who played Ron... lots of talent in that kid). The imagery was wonderful, diagon (sp?) alley was spectacular.

Honestly I enjoyed it almost as much a LOTR (and that's saying a LOT)
<font color="cyan">Well, I agree with Sio, the film was dissapointing next to the book. But it was still alright! Hope tonight is too.........

And is someone really using my colour? Every post I've ever made has been made in that colour............GRRRRRRRRRRR....... </font>
Old 11-08-2002, 04:26 PM   #7
Lord Lothar
Quintesson

IIRC The movie comes out on the 15th over here. I'm not in any rush to go see it but will end up seeing it sometime near the end of December.
Old 11-08-2002, 07:52 PM   #8
canadianvixen
Baaz Draconian

[quote]Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Quote:
And is someone really using my colour? Every post I've ever made has been made in that colour............GRRRRRRRRRRR....... </font>
<font color = aqua> Actually Lavindathar I've been using this colour since I joined IW. Azred showed me how to change font my first day here. I can't change it because it matches my sig too well. You wouldn't want me not to match would you? [img]smile.gif[/img] I'm fairly certain people will be able to tell us apart. </font>
Old 11-08-2002, 09:32 PM   #9
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>You people are so freaking lucky. I want to see it! May diarreah settle into your bowels and you have to get up to go potty in the middle of the show! May you have bad gas the rest of the time you are there, and the big guy sitting next to you punches you for staring at his girlfriend!

I am soooooo jealous!</font>

[ 11-08-2002, 09:33 PM: Message edited by: Larry_OHF ]
Old 11-09-2002, 11:42 AM   #10
Lavindathar
Harper

<font color="cyan">Went to see it last night, as I said.

Actually, it was quite good. Kept to the book, and was enjoybale to watch! Only thing is, I think they tried to end it too quickly. The confrontation should have lasted longer, with a more detailed explanation!</font>