Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 04-08-2002, 11:24 PM   #1
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

Evangelion... what can I say about it... It was one of the most critically acclaimed anime sagas, Gasaraki Tried to Mimick it in every way minus the christianity plus the shintoism... It really... touched me.... I mean... it had alot of action, and suspense, and you really become tied to the characters, but then all of a sudden... it's over, and I don't like such closure, it's not fair that they just "grow out" of the whole robot thing... :/ infact i think its just plain wrong! the show itself was AMAZING, absolutley amazing and I liked every second of it until the end which was alot like taking sweet sweet candy away from me that I was already in the process of eating...

What were you thoughts on this series? I got it for pretty cheap considering the amazon price runs at less than 100 bucks for the whole shabang!

the perfect collection *hugs the box*

I will cherish this series always!
/)eathKiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2002, 12:06 PM   #2
dominions
Elminster

I borrowed the series from a friend of mine. It took me a while to get into it and I still don't understand some of the things that were going on, but I did enjoy it.
And yes, the end sucked big-time. I heared that they did an alternative ending, but I might be wrong.
[img]\"http://www.shalewyn.com/Images/KrynnWhiteDragon1.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Hah!\", thought the white dragon. \"A wand of Ice Storm will never harm me!\"<br />He never did figure out that he was in a CRPG...
dominions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 08:36 AM   #3
Grimslade
Drow Warrior

Yes Evangelion absolutely ruled. It blended action, story and emotion so well. I can't decide which series I like best- Evangelion or Bubblegum Crisis.
Grimslade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2002, 12:31 PM   #4
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

Ending sucked, and it has been on hot debates ever since, questioning if Asuka was still alive or not... bah whatever... who knows? [img]smile.gif[/img]

The whole series was great... wicked... so different from animes we usually see.. or me here usually see... [img]smile.gif[/img] The last episode I don't quite understand...
Bahamut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2002, 12:08 PM   #5
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

AHH but the ending isn't in the boxed set. The boxed set is the TV shows there where 2 movies made that were the actual ending the last two episodes of the boxed set where a special followup made after the movies. For some reason the 2 movies have not been released in the US and not sure if they ever will. Its truly a shame. It was such a great story.

Here is a link to a summary of the movie and tells you about what happens after they killed the 17th angel

Evangelion movie summary link

Hopes this explains why the boxed set has such a F*** up ending
Old 05-01-2002, 12:11 PM   #6
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

As a follow-up to the above post I think all fans Of evangelion should pressure and write letters to GAINAX to show them there is a real demand for the movie so we can complete our collection to this great series