Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Dungeon Craft - RPG Game Maker
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-28-2002, 09:50 PM   #1
Walthulhu
Welcomed New User

Firstly, let me say Dungeon Craft looks INCREDIBLE! I'm very excited about it. Please excuse some newbie questions though.

I would like to do a Lovecraft style horror RPG that takes place in modern times with very little Player magic. Is it possible to change the player class system or create new classes and the effects experience has on them? For instance, instead of a FIGHTER I might have a class called "Detective" that doesn't really gain H.P. with exp levels but instread gets better chance to hit in combat and the thief-like ability to disarm traps etc.

Can the medieval weapons and magic objects be removed from the game (Even the chance to get them as treasure from monsters) and replaced by handguns, grenades, etc.

Can the AD&D money system be changed to U.S dollars or something else?

Can new attributes be added to simulate sanity/insanity like in the Call of Cthulhu RPG?

Can the small player and monster icons be replaced by fully animated graphics. For instance, instead of a creature (Or character) switching to an "attack" icon we actually see several frames of animation that show's the creature swinging an axe etc.
Thanks for any info! I'm really looking forward to seeing more developments in this exciteing game engine! Nice work! Very cool of you to share it for free.

-Walthulhu
Walthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2002, 07:16 PM   #2
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

with the weapons editor and the ability to add your own graphics you could make a lovecraft type setting very easily. and you can also make your own class editing the config files. but you couldn't mimic the Call of Cuthulu rules. But with some tweaking you can bend the AD&D rules to make what you want. Once you dive in you see how flexible DC is.
Old 07-04-2002, 12:23 AM   #3
Steve McDonald
The Magister

Is there a published "feature request/wish list" anywhere? I'm sure complete race and class customisability would be on Cocoaspud's list, anyway. Most differences in races/classes seem to come from special abilities, etc. anyway (that is what makes them unique) so we will at least have to wait until all of the magic and special effects stuff is done.
Steve McDonald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2002, 11:34 PM   #4
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

in the database section you can customize and create new classes and races to your hearts content.

CLICK on --->Database

THEN

CLICK on ----> import/export database
Old 07-06-2002, 03:02 AM   #5
Walthulhu
Welcomed New User

Thanks for the info guys! That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Woohoo! I don't mind not being able to do COC rules exactly, but if I can tweak thee classes and items that's close enough for me. Very cool.
Walthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2002, 09:13 AM   #6
CocoaSpud
Zhentarim Guard

DC uses most of the data in the race/class config files, but I don't think the experience data is used yet.

All items can be deleted and replaced by your own. We just try to provide FRUA-style defaults.

There is a money editor that lets you edit money names and relative worth. There is a button for it in the Global Settings window.

The animated graphics are on the to-do list, but we won't get to that until after magic is finished.

I have a rather long to-do list now. I have been putting off the larger feature requests until magic works properly. I could turn it into an online list I guess. I would just need to tidy it up a bit.