Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-03-2002, 12:47 PM   #1
Pippin
Dungeon Master

I want to start reading Star Wars novels but I don`t know where to start? I want to start from the beginning. Btw, what`s your personal opinion about SW novels?
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2002, 08:05 PM   #2
AngelofDeath
Drizzt Do'Urden

I've read almost all of the novels. I would start with the 3 after Jedi. I have enjoyed them all.

my 2 cents, anyway.

You Can Not Hide
AngelofDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2002, 02:37 AM   #3
Lord Killjoy
Manshoon

If you want to go by the timeline form return of the jedi and onward start here:

Truce at Bakura

Then the three book series and next to the bounty hunter trilogy the best books:

1. Heir to the empire

2. Dark force rising

3. The last Command

then go on from there.

At the beginning of the books there was very little communication between authors as far as the story line goes so you can skip truce at bakura and have no problems reading the trilogy but truce at bakura is chronologically speaking the first book after the movies.

My personal Favorites are the bounty hunters trilogy.

I don't like Skywalker I think he's a pansy but I love star wars go figure. So I try to stick to the books that don't mainly involve him.
Old 05-07-2002, 04:02 AM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Read the Rouge Squadron books. Prett good actually and the truce of Bakura is fine too. Some books are oki, and some are really really good to wigh down bills with

Rouge Squadron is about Wedge, the guy that survived the first and the second attack of the Death Stars. He puts together an elite force of pilots with some special talents, and well, the books are actually the best I have read in the Star Wars genré.

Don´t eat the yellow snow
WOLFGIR is offline   Reply With Quote