Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-10-2003, 03:18 PM   #1
DameonRules
Manshoon

Has anyone here ever lost the person you thought could be THE ONE? I don't konw about everyone else, but to me it left a void in my heart that no matter what i am doing can't be filled. This girl was perfect insainly smart, she had a great sense of humor, most importantly she had the same common interests as i did. there was only a few things she did that i hadn't done like playing an instrument and showing horses. i would have done anything for this girl. i would have and still will change my hopes goals and dreams just so hers could come true if she so asked me. i don't think she new how deeply i felt for her. but as most great things in my life they came to a sudden screeching halt on a huge mistake on my part. i would give up anything to go back and undo that mistake.
i was just curious as to wether or not iam one of the few, or the face among many who this has happpened to. i hope that this never happens to anyone.
In loving memory of what i used to have
TRAVIS
Old 06-10-2003, 03:28 PM   #2
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

AWWW sweety, you are not the only one, I too lost "THE ONE" when I was 17, would have done anything for him but sometimes it is not meant to be, and we find something different, notice I did not say better? because your first true love can never be replaced or bested, but if it is meant to be, then in time explain yourself to her, or you can live your life with the knowladge that she got away with out you trying [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 03:28 PM   #3
Epona
Zartan

Listen mate, it happens to everyone. It is devastating every time, but you do get over it eventually. I'm sorry to hear you're going through it, and nothing but the passage of time will make it any better.

I don't believe that there is any ONE person out there for each of us - I believe that there are many people that each of us can have a wonderful relationship with. I know it hurts at the moment, but one day another girl will come along that you have similar feelings for - you will probably like different things about her, it won't be the same, but it will be just as good if not better. The key to mistakes is not to wish that you hadn't done it - but remember what it was and don't do it again!

Now one thing you said concerned me a little - about changing your hopes and dreams for a girl. Now that isn't a good idea, and you don't need to do that to be in love and be loved. You are an individual, not a half waiting for another half to make you whole - respect your individuality and others will respect you for that - and don't change what you want out of life to be with someone - or you may look back with regret.

Good luck to you in the future, and for now have a good cry and eat some chocolate or ice cream - I find it helps [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 03:38 PM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Hopes and dreams change over time, but love can last forever [img]smile.gif[/img] If I had the feeling that a girl was 'The One' for me, I'd change about any aspect of myself to touch her heart (unless she was a lesbian, and wanted me to.. oh, never mind).
Old 06-10-2003, 04:33 PM   #5
quietman1920

Everone has memories. And fantasies about 'what if'. They're the spices in the rack that we cook with. Its can be fun to play with them sometimes...so long as you don't forget to go back to the book and to follow the original recipe when you're done.

Ok, so your heart is broken
You're sitting around mopin', cryin', cryin'
You say you even think about dying?
Well, before you do anything rash, baby, dig this

Everybody plays the fool, sometime
There's no exception to the rule, listen baby
It may be factual, it may be cruel, I ain't lying
Everybody plays the fool

Fallin' in love is such an easy thing to do
But there's no guarantee that the one you love, is gonna love you
Oh, loving eyes they cannot see a certain person could never be
Love runs deeper than any ocean, it clouds your mind with emotion

Everybody plays the fool

How can you help it, when the music starts to play
And your ability to reason, is swept away
Oh, heaven on earth is all you see, you're out of touch with reality
And now you cry, but when you do, next time around someone cries for you

Hey, everybody plays the fool, sometime
Use your heart just like a tool, listen baby
They never tell you so in school, I wanna say it again,
Everybody plays the fool

Everybody plays the fool

Every plays the fool, sometime
It may be factual, it may be cruel, I wanna say it again
Everybody plays the fool
Old 06-10-2003, 04:36 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Yep, Lady Blue is smart allright.
Old 06-10-2003, 04:40 PM   #7
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
*slaps johnny* that was just plain wrong his heart is breaking dude, dont you have any compassion? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 04:44 PM   #8
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Stormymystic:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
*slaps johnny* that was just plain wrong his heart is breaking dude, dont you have any compassion? [img]tongue.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]I didn't mean anything wrong with that. Just my way of letting him know that i know who he's talking about.
Old 06-10-2003, 05:58 PM   #9
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I thought that too Johnny.... But I wasnt going to say it out loud [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 06-10-2003, 06:10 PM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Ooohhh.... The SUBTEXT!! Gotta love it!

Look, taking the post at face value and ignoring all snowboards and snowbirds, I will say that I was devastated once or twice when I lost "the one." Then, I met the REAL "the one" and like "The One" in The Matrix she re-wrote all the rules of reality. Once you have it, you will know it, and if it is real, it will be damned hard to lose it.

Current loneliness agrandizes past companionship in a way that just may not be fair.

Final note: If you are under 30, the best in love and life is yet to come.
Even though you wake up feeling like s**t every morning
But you're young
You've got a lot of drugs to do
Girls to screw
Parties to crash
Sucks to be you
If I could take it all back now, I wouldn't
I would have did more s**t that people said that I shouldn't