Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-15-2001, 11:23 PM   #1
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

He can be dualed to a fighter. Now i am wondering what if you dual him right before he does what he does at a certain place. If you face him afterwards will he still be dualed. This might not look like a lot but if you dual him he looses his thief abilities which include stealth. So if he does what he does and you encounter him later he might not be able to use these skills. Has anybody tried this before and does it work.

JR

Damned i lost cousin Jan's techno gloves
Old 10-16-2001, 01:31 AM   #2
Debaser

i always change the portraits for the NPCs through shadowkeeper. basically cuz i think the game ones suck ass, and there's much better ones out there.
when i had changed yoshimo's portrait to something, when the storyline got to the betrayal stuff with irenicus, his portrait reverted back to the original one.
maybe that just means he reverts to his normal class and abilities.
Old 10-16-2001, 02:48 AM   #3
Ugaya
Manshoon

In my very first absolutely spoiler-free game I early dualed him to a fighter and equipped him with the Celestial Fury and other nice strength enhancing stuff. When he did what he did he was a truely deadly opponent. I didn't checked his stats during his special appearance in Spellhold but he showed all qualities of a perfect fighter-thief with a deadly weapon in his hand.

It would be nice to hear about the result if you dual him in the way you described.

[This message has been edited by Ugaya (edited 10-16-2001).]
Old 10-21-2001, 12:17 PM   #4
kingpats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

nice one you've totally spoilt that for me now
Old 10-21-2001, 12:19 PM   #5
kingpats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

nice one you've totally spoilt that for me now. hes a traitor then is he
Old 10-21-2001, 12:29 PM   #6
kingpats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by JR Jansen:
He can be dualed to a fighter. Now i am wondering what if you dual him right before he does what he does at a certain place. If you face him afterwards will he still be dualed. This might not look like a lot but if you dual him he looses his thief abilities which include stealth. So if he does what he does and you encounter him later he might not be able to use these skills. Has anybody tried this before and does it work.

JR

nice one. well spoilt
Old 10-21-2001, 12:32 PM   #7
Synthos
Manshoon

I wonder what would happen if you disposed of Yoshi before he does what he does and carried his body around until after the affair, then raised him, what would happen after that...
Old 10-21-2001, 12:45 PM   #8
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

If you give him the right potion, you can dual him to a mage.
Thief/Mage is always a good combo.
Old 10-21-2001, 12:51 PM   #9
kingpats
Elite Waterdeep Guard

thats not fair!!!!!. i didnt know that yoshimo does a betrayal thing. you've totally spoilt that for me. i was starting to like him aswell.nnnnnnnnnooooooo!!!!!!!!
Old 10-21-2001, 05:38 PM   #10
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

I never said that he betrays you. It could have as easely been that, due to the plot being so, he dies and you get to fight him in hell or that he gets charmed wich you can't prevent or ..... I never spoiled you that much. The only thing that you can say that was a spoiler was that something happened to him wich causes you having to fight him.

JR