Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2001, 02:00 PM   #1
agrippa1
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How do you open the door in the dungeon of Windspear hills that has that invisible guardian ? I think it will open after you have all the pieces of that statue (or something) that you collect by killing the elementals. But I have been through the whole dungon except the Admantium Golem room and killing Fikraag and I only have 5 pieces and the door does not open.

Anyone know what to do ?
Old 04-06-2001, 02:07 PM   #2
Fallen
Dungeon Master

Are u talking about the mask of that dead king? If so then try all of the doors in the dungeon and find one more piece of the mask then it will assemble and u will be able to put it on, letting you see the invisible guardian. Im not sure why the door wont open. I dont remember it being locked when i did it!
Old 04-06-2001, 02:14 PM   #3
alexwc4
Dungeon Master

Spoiler

It isn't locked, the guardian pushes it shut if you go in and try to open it without the mask on/true sight. My question: I have been to the end of the game, and I never saw the use for the "Chapel Key" that I found on the floor in this dungeon. It was to the right, past some vampires, in the room with some shadows or shadow fiends. Did I use it without realizing? I have seen it posted that I needed it to get into the Djinn area, but that was another key (Samia's?). Anyone who knows for sure, please tell me.
Old 04-06-2001, 02:19 PM   #4
demus
Manshoon

I know what you mean about the Chapel Key alexwc4, and I think it gets used to open the doors in the Chapel without you knowing it, so you don't need to keep it after the ruined chapel (as far as I know)

------------------
Nicodemus Deathslayer, Paladin of the Order of the Holy Flame
Old 04-06-2001, 03:21 PM   #5
BG2SOA

I managed to kill the guardian before I had the mask,I just put a cloudkill on the area and he died and I got in.

------------------

Don't mess with the Lich
Old 04-06-2001, 08:32 PM   #6
Lord Shield

Yep. There are 6 pieces to the mask. Have a look around. You may have missed a door
Spoiler
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Detect Invisibility or Truesight will allow you to see and kill the guardian