Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2004, 05:34 AM   #21
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Should we, like, start a petition or something?
Old 01-20-2004, 06:49 AM   #22
Link
Jack Burton

How could the Bhaalspawn continue? Well.. it should not have to continue, but a prequel could be the answer:

Picture the Time of Troubles, a hectic period in the history of the Forgotten Realms where gods were made of flesh due to Bane and Myrkul stealing the tablets of fate from Overfather Ao. It is in this time, as we know, that Bhaal is going to die, and it is in this time that he makes certain that he will live on by making as much offspring as he can. We know from the BG series that the protagonist in that game is one of his children.

But what really happens in that Time of Troubles? Is it not correct to assume that Bhaal should have been resurrected immediately after his death by the massive slaughter of all his children? And why have the Harpers intervened in this massacre? What's Gorion's role in this plan? And Elminster's? Was there perhaps a bigger plan to it than we have all thought?

All questions that have spun in my mind after finishing Throne of Bhaal and I think it would make one hell of a game. You might be able to play Gorion himself, or maybe someone close to him. A young Harper or something like that. And the Time of Troubles gives you A LOT of new opportunities. Get in the favour of Mystra. Or support Cyric. Everything's possible.
Old 01-20-2004, 08:44 AM   #23
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

All you people wishing for an infinity enginer dragon lance game - you will get your wish:

www.dragonlancetc.com

Some excellent modders from TeamBG are working on it right now - a demo has already been released - it will be to a pro standard since they have the best scripters and graphics artists.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-20-2004, 08:51 AM   #24
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Sad

Oh I would LOVE a new infinity engine game, especially a BG game! I loved the series! Though, like many others have said, there isn't really a way that the game could continue. Maybe if they had a new plot line they could make a new game, but I don't see it happening. If they DID make a new plot I'm curious what everyone would like to see.
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 01-20-2004, 09:13 AM   #25
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
Oh I would LOVE a new infinity engine game, especially a BG game! I loved the series! Though, like many others have said, there isn't really a way that the game could continue. Maybe if they had a new plot line they could make a new game, but I don't see it happening. If they DID make a new plot I'm curious what everyone would like to see.
Did I just post something or was I imagining it? [img]tongue.gif[/img] I just said that the dragonlance TC guys ARE making a new infinity engine game. Go check out the site.
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 01-20-2004, 10:13 AM   #26
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

As popular as BG is i'm suprised nobody's thought of making a Baldur's Gate MMORPG that lets you go from Icewind all the way to Faerun and back. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 01-20-2004, 01:31 PM   #27
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Awwww... you need ToB to play the infinity engine game
Old 01-20-2004, 01:38 PM   #28
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Nah, they wouldn't want to make a DnD MMORPG because that might rival Dungeons and Dragons online.
Would be nice, but no.
Old 01-20-2004, 01:42 PM   #29
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
You didn't hear this from me, but I heard Acclaim will buy the rights to the BG series. Anyone else? Even heard Rumors of a Baldurs Gate Movie. (Serious).
Actually I've heard something similiar about the PC rights being acquired by another company. It would require a HEFTY payment though as BG3 was supposedly 75% done before it got $hit-canned AND it had been designed using a NEW 3D engine. I've heard that Obsidian (Feargus Urqhuart's new company) is interested in acquiring both BG3 and FO3 but they are cash strapped at the moment.

One interesting idea I've heard is that BIOWARE (which has already contracted one game from Obsidian) would underwrite Obsidian for the franchise.

Have heard only vague rumours about the movie.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783
Old 01-21-2004, 05:29 AM   #30
Tyranny]SiN[
The Magister

Thats it guys keep the ideas flowing!! I wish i was creative but, my talent resides in Law Enforcement.