Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2001, 10:46 PM   #91
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Quote:
Originally posted by Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil:
Im not in need of mental help thank you very much......

its usually the ones who constantly say they dont need help that really do... i however am an exception to that, as i say i need help and do at times.

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!
Old 09-10-2001, 10:47 PM   #92
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

OK, Gwhanos, how about if I open a black hole behind you which sucks you in. At least it'll take you a while to find your way back here from whereever that sends you. (I'm rather taken on the notion that, should one survive transit through a black hole, one would appear in another Universe and possibly an alternate dimension as well.)

So...While Gwhanos is figuring out where the heck he is so he can figure out how the heck to get back...

------------------
"Allright! We'll call it a draw."

"I'm INVINCIBLE! ... You're a LOONEY!"

Dare to dream. Be bold enough to try.

The day we stop learning is the day we start dying!(c)
Old 09-10-2001, 10:50 PM   #93
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

you can party and dream I never even came here in the first place....

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-10-2001, 10:52 PM   #94
Gwhanos, Lord Of Evil

Why are you so cruel to me ss4? Im 100% nice to you....

------------------

All your base are belong to us! How Are you gentlemen?

The Spaminyte Emperor
Fish?
Welcome to your doom!!!
Official villain/demon of IW!

Old 09-10-2001, 10:55 PM   #95
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

just occupying myself until i wake up tomorrow... its not going to be fun either. like someone said, anger and boredom are a bad mix... doubly so in the hands of a kid whos pushed around at school sometimes!

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Old 09-10-2001, 11:06 PM   #96
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Sharpedge:
Phew... now that 'orrible page is finished with I'll happily oblige you, Cloudy. How'd the dreaded Monday treat you? The weekend doesn't seem too far away, I hope? Personally, I can't wait for the day when days of the week actually mean something to me again. You may think me silly to complain, but I've been without work or school for a fair few weeks now and it's starting to take it's toll. I literally had to check my PC's clock to confirm that it really was Monday today...LOL.

Oh, and have you make a choice on your D&D character yet? Going with the Bard?
Well it's looking more and more like the cleric or trying a mage as they will have bard already and a ranger and cleric etc.. The dm thought they'd be light on magic but he and I aren't sure a magic wielder is the best way for a rookie to start!

Oh and thanks.. I appreciate getting us back to real chat.

FWIW.. to ALL of you who like the roleplay posting.. I am MORE than happy to post with you but not here, please. This is for real life and goofing off that way. The role play gets to have it's own threads, ok?! Just tell me if you are in a thread you want Storm Queen to play in... trust me..she's usually willing to play! BWAHAHA!

Monday.. well, it was busy! Tomorrow shall be too, so I won't post much til lunchtime if I can find a free connection in the lab. I usually borrow a faculty office for lunch and can post from there but Tuesdays and Thursdays both my faculty friends who do that are in to teach/hold office hours.

Gonna go try to roll up a mage.. sigh, what are good feats for a mage and what race is good? I like the idea of half-elf or elf but am open to ideas!

Cloudy

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."
Old 09-10-2001, 11:14 PM   #97
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Gwhanos.. I've been pretty darn reasonable to this point over several renewals of the thread but I am asking you to PLEASE stop spamming the Cafe with tons of short posts. It wastes a lot of space and forces us to start new threads far sooner than we need to. If you have things to add, open your post (edit/delete) and add whatever you need to say to that one post.

I like your stuff most days, dear, so I've been pretty low key about it, but it is starting to be a problem. So *puppy dog eyes like Melusine's best* would you, could you purrrrrrrrrrrty please, follow the rules!?

The reason for keeping roleplay out is that this place was started in response to a lot of complaints that no place was safe for short friendly real conversation and if we spam it with roleplay stuff it keeps the thread from being an inviting conversation zone. *heavy sigh*

Hey, sharpedge, sorry to hear you are having trouble keeping track of time! Mabye if you scheduled some tasks across the week it would help?

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 09-10-2001, 11:20 PM   #98
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

hmm, if i were you id go w/ an elf... the dexterity bonus makes them better back-line fighters when your all outta spells.

------------------

Old 09-10-2001, 11:24 PM   #99
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
hmm, if i were you id go w/ an elf... the dexterity bonus makes them better back-line fighters when your all outta spells.
Hmm.. do elves have longbow proficiency in 3rd ed?

I had thought of that, but only for a mage, not a cleric.

Cloudy

------------------

Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
Old 09-10-2001, 11:26 PM   #100
Sharpedge
Zhentarim Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Gonna go try to roll up a mage.. sigh, what are good feats for a mage and what race is good? I like the idea of half-elf or elf but am open to ideas!

Cloudy

I see. Magic is certainly not my area of expertise but I'll do my best. If you need an arcane spell caster, why not try a Sorcerer? They are more suited to role-playing (charisma is their most important stat) and they have a narrower selection of spells. You don't have to fudge around with a spell book or memorising stuff since they can just pick any old spell that they know and spew it forth. Up to you though.

Race: I only ever play humans myself; more's the pity probably. Humans get an extra feat and more skill points but that's it. Elves make good magic users, as they get auto-proficiency with longbows and longswords, plus all the usual immunities and abilities. Half-Elves get a mix of both race's advantages, but not enough of the juicy ones to make them worthwhile, IMHO. Of course, RP is also a factor.

Feats: Ack, feats for magic users. Completely out of my depth here, and I'd have to do a bit of reading to give comprehensive advice. From what I can see however, the metamagic feats are only useful at the higher levels, therefore the basic feats would serve you well, most notably those such as combat casting, improved initiative and point blank shot (for a bow-user).

Hope that helps, and have a good day tomorrow. I'm off to bed shortly (it's only 4:20am here LOL...silly Sharp). See ya!

------------------

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate.

Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure."