Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-12-2004, 08:06 PM   #1
Donut
Jack Burton

When one that you love wants to leave you for someone else? When they think they can do better elsewhere. Do you get on and replace them with someone new? Or do you give up?

And if they change their mind, can you ever really trust them again? Or will you be forever watching them, wondering if they are thinking they could do better elsewhere? Wondering if they really love you?

For me there is no way back - no second chance! Call me hard but for me there is only one true love - there is no choice, I can never change and I would never want to! It's the Real thing! Time to move him on in good time!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 08-12-2004, 08:27 PM   #2
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
When one that you love wants to leave you for someone else? When they think they can do better elsewhere. Do you get on and replace them with someone new? Or do you give up?

Did they say to you that they could do better elsewhere? Or is that what you are assuming?
Did they find someone else already?
If they did, then I would say its time to kick them to the curb and move on.

And if they change their mind, can you ever really trust them again? Or will you be forever watching them, wondering if they are thinking they could do better elsewhere? Wondering if they really love you?

You need to find out what is up with their feelings. Ask them to tell you what they want. If they want to "explore" their options, tell them not to come back when they realise what they had.

For me there is no way back - no second chance! Call me hard but for me there is only one true love - there is no choice, I can never change and I would never want to! It's the Real thing! Time to move him on in good time!

I am not sure what you mean by the last statement. Move him in with you, or move him on his way?
If you mean move him in, I would wait. You have to many questions.
If you mean move him on his way, I would do it now.

There is really to many ways to interpret what your asking. Sorry.

Old 08-12-2004, 09:24 PM   #3
Ilander
20th Level Warrior

Well, all I can say is get a group hug...and generally IWF provides that!

:::encourages people to give Donut a group hug:::

Is that what you really want to say?
Old 08-12-2004, 09:56 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I've found it depends on whether I was ready to let go. I remember one vacation where I came back and every trace of her was gone; not quite the most subtle way to say it's over. It took several weeks before I could accept that it was done and move on.

I also recall another relationship where I was looking for an excuse to end it.

That being said, one of the best relationships I ever had was a second-time-around. She dumped me several years before, and when we eventually got back together, I found out that the reason she dumped me was because one of her friends said I was two-timing (with the friend). I wasn't, but who was she going to believe? The new boyfriend, or the long-time friend?

We put that behind us, but alas, in my immaturity, I eventually did two-time her, and that brought the end of it. For good; I haven't seen or heard from her in a long, long, time. :sniff:

Lost her once because of rumour, twice because of stupidity. Perhaps from her perspective, it was the same thing both times. All I can say is that I learned from it, hard though the lesson was.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:01 PM   #5
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

it depends on how you feel about this person before saying it is not going to happen again. if there is good feelings, perhaps you should let them see what is out there, and give them a little time, I am not saying for very long, perhaps a week at most, and let them decide if it is over or not.