Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 01-19-2001, 09:09 AM   #11
RedArrow

Hehe I used that dagger with Yoshi as soon as I found it and than Imoen. When I saw the +3 one I was like OMG it even gets better! Who cares if Tugian Bow fires 3 shots per round, you have to carry ammo all the time hear the "My hit.. to no effect!" or "I must try something else". Pffft

Old 01-19-2001, 01:14 PM   #12
el_kalkylus
Drizzt Do'Urden

I also bought the azuredge in the beginning, and Minsc was the only one that could use it. The sad thing was that he didn't have any proficiency points in axe. I used it either way, but I have never killed an undead with it. This is why I think the axe is bad, the Tuigan bow is probably the best weapon in the beginning. In the sewers, you can kill the little group and get a lot of good armor and weapons. I think one of them has a throwing axe, which Korgan can use. I usually go there directly after the slums. Of course before that, just after the dungeon, you kill a group in an inn in Waukeens promenad (just summon the air elemental you got in the dungeon), and get some good items.
Old 01-19-2001, 01:53 PM   #13
G.W.

The cleric staff is +3 (staff of rynn is the only +4 staff). The Daystar was one of the first weapons I acquired (before venturing off to save Nalia's estate), right after the Sword of Roses. The Daystar is easily one of the top early weapons.

Old 01-19-2001, 02:44 PM   #14
BLACK KNIGHT

You might have to work a little to get it, but (me being a Paladin) the 1d12+5 +10 vs Undead Holy Avenger Sword is by far the best weapon in the game. Not that I'm biased or nothing. Plus you get really cool Dragon armor AC -1 plus protection from Fire at like 50%. This is great when you throw a lot of fireballs at your main guy.

Old 01-19-2001, 03:11 PM   #15
Dinin

Speaking of staffs what about the Staff of the Magi. I don't remember the plus on it(3 or 4) I think but has invisibility and protection from evil as equiped abilities.
Then there is the flail of the ages that can kick the crap out of almost anything
and what about Dragon breath halbred it kicks some serious a** to.
Well thats my rant Im out

Old 01-19-2001, 04:53 PM   #16
Magness
Quintesson

The Staff of the Magi is a +1 Thac0 weapon with a +5 enchantment level.

The Flail of Ages is a great weapon, particularly for its ability to slow characters it hits. The first time I played thru BG2, I used the FoA to slow an enemy, then let my weaker chars finish off the slowed enemy while my PC moved on to another enemy in need of slowing. Great for dealing with trolls as well.

I gave Azuredge to Minsc when I went into Fiirkraag's dungeon. My undead hunter blowed the doorway where the little army of undead was hiding while Minsc fired away with Azuredge. I can verify that he was definitely nuking some undead, since I had him aiming at the back of their mob, while Magness the Undead Hunter was busy with the undead that were in his face.

The Celestial Fury is another weapon that is attainable early in the game. It may be easier to obtain than the Holy Avenger.

Memnoch is correct about the Boomerang Dagger and the Firetooth Dagger. They are 2d4+2 and 2d4+3 weapons. Quite potent. I'd have been happy for 1d4+2 or +3 magic throwing daggers, since I like ranged weapons that don't require ammunition. It's a pain dragging around piles of arrow, bolts, or bullets.
Old 01-19-2001, 04:56 PM   #17
Magness
Quintesson

The Flail of Ages is a great weapon, particularly for its ability to slow characters it hits. The first time I played thru BG2, I used the FoA to slow an enemy, then let my weaker chars finish off the slowed enemy while my PC moved on to another enemy in need of slowing. Great for dealing with trolls as well.

I gave Azuredge to Minsc when I went into Fiirkraag's dungeon. My undead hunter blowed the doorway where the little army of undead was hiding while Minsc fired away with Azuredge. I can verify that he was definitely nuking some undead, since I had him aiming at the back of their mob, while Magness the Undead Hunter was busy with the undead that were in his face.

The Celestial Fury is another weapon that is attainable early in the game. It may be easier to obtain than the Holy Avenger.

Memnoch is correct about the Boomerang Dagger and the Firetooth Dagger. They are 2d4+2 and 2d4+3 weapons. Quite potent. I'd have been happy for 1d4+2 or +3 magic throwing daggers, since I like ranged weapons that don't require ammunition. It's a pain dragging around piles of arrow, bolts, or bullets.
Old 01-19-2001, 04:57 PM   #18
Magness
Quintesson