Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-20-2000, 08:59 PM   #1
[twisti]

Well, well ... the first time I played I entered the Kuo-Tuan-Dungen, because I were afraid of evil mind flawas or these thick flyin' eyeish beastys.

This time, I'm a bit more beefed up. Good archery backup and of course a bunch of fighters who kick da sh*t out of munstas. Oh well, I got this fancy Cloak Of Cheatin...er, I meant, of Deflection, from these ridiculous fish thingies, and of course Lilarcor. In combination, this gives me nerly complete spell imunity. I guess I could just walk through the beholder city and see them die, right ?

Sooooo ... should I just clear all of these cities for stuff'n'experience ? As far as I can see, I have to clear the Kuo-Tuan-City, anyways, because I'm assembling Crom Feayr, and the Beholdercity looks just too easy with the cloak to make there no stop. Oh, anything interesting in the Flayercity ? I'm still a bit scared of their death-touch-whatever-thingie.

What do you think ?

Old 11-20-2000, 09:47 PM   #2
Armisael

There's definitely some great stuff in both the beholder and illithid lair. And with the Cloak of Cheating, you can just stand around and let the beholders kill themselves (except watch out for those bloody elder orbs that cast maze on you! For some reason, even though I wasn't soloing, it ended my game). The illithid lair is much more difficult. It's not too hard if you have a fighter/mage in your party. Otherwise I'd recommend doing this: grab your mage and cast chaotic commands. Stoneskin and mirror image, then draw an illithid out (make certain you only take them on one, or at the very most, two at a time). Have a whole slew of minute meteor spells memorized and use them to take out the illithid, making certain you keep your stoneskin and mirror images up at all times. This only works if your mage has a good dexterity. If you do have a fighter/mage, use the same tactics, except dismember them instead of nuking them with minute meteors.