Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2006, 09:26 PM   #1
Ziggurat
Symbol of Cyric

Arrow

I will come back to this game soon, wandering off into old Might and Magic for a while for contrast (Platinum v., MM 6-9, playing 7 now). I played Wiz 8 for 4 years and will play it again for more years to come, it is such a well-developed game. When Sir-Tech or whatever incarnation it becomes, makes a new game I feel sure the quality will be there. They will need more hype to compete, though. I played Wiz 7 for years, too. These games are that good, replayability is not dead. I hope. In that vein...

If any of you are still playing, what kind of parties are you trying? You can tell us your party professions, races, names and levels, where you're at, etc. I think I will go for an even more outrageous party next time.
Old 01-26-2006, 12:11 AM   #2
DBear
Drow Warrior

I almost always play theme parties. For example:

Lord of the Rings:
Aragorn--Human Lord
Gimli--Dwarf Fighter
Legolas--Elf Ranger
Frodo--Hobbit Thief
Gandalf--Human Wizard
Galadriel--Elf Psionic

Stark Family from A Song of Ice and Fire:
all Rawulf!
Jon--Ranger
Robb--Lord
Sansa--Bard
Arya--Ninja
Bran--Bishop
Rickon--Fighter
Old 01-27-2006, 11:15 PM   #3
SecretMaster
Apophis

I loved Wizardry 7. I still love it. I loved Wizardry 8. I still love it.

Nothing would please me more for a Wizardry 9 to be developed, provided it isn't a complete flop like many attempts at continuing classics.

The parties I like are the ones where I haven't tried the class/race combo. I'm not too great at spicing it up. And sometimes I'll specialize in different schools, like frost/earth instead of fire and air.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2006, 03:27 PM   #4
Grimgor Ironhide
Elite Waterdeep Guard

the party i'm using atm is a kind of theme party. hobbit rogue, faerie ninja, felpurr bard, elf bishop, felpurr gadgeteer and rawulf ranger. i'm the rogue, my gf is the ninja, the rawulf and felpurrs are her pets and the elf is just a random character. [img]smile.gif[/img]
\"I\'m gonna stomp \'em to dust. I\'m gonna grind their bones. I\'m gonna burn down dere towns and cities. I\'m gonna pile \'em up inna big fire and roast \'em. I\'m gonna bash \'eads, break faces and jump up and down on da bits dat are left. An\' den I\'m gonna get really mean.\"<br /><br />Grimgor Ironhide, Black Orc Warboss
Grimgor Ironhide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2006, 02:22 AM   #5
Scatter
Symbol of Cyric

I've almost always been playing tiny parties. Lately i've been playing through 7-8 with two or three parties having minor variations to compare their relative viability in the two games.
Like:
A) Dwarf and (Faeries)
1)Monk and (Rogue and Ninja)
2)Lord and (Mage and Rogue)
3)Priest and (Alchemist and Mage)
B) Felpurr and Rawulf
1)Bard and Priest
2)Ninja and Monk
3)Samurai and Lord
Some other imports are surprisingly effective. One of my favorites is importing a Liz as a Mage and changing to Samurai ASAP and developing Powercast.
The Dwarf Monk works much better as an import than from scratch.
Scatter is offline   Reply With Quote