Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 06-19-2003, 11:11 AM   #1
BaRoN NiGhT

kill irenicus in a zap!yes...(this is only a tactic. after killing him with this tactic, i retried to kill him with a hot battle, since i dont like cheap tactics -_-)

before opening the last door in nine hells, cast protection from magic spell on everyone and let yer mage/sorcerer cast lots and lots of skull trap near the door (i did 7 skull traps)

irenicus appears, and you and yer party AND irenicus will howl in pain, the difference is that you and yer party doesn't even lose 1 bit of hit point, while irenicus, is on major damage (near death).

after that he'll chit chat for a second, then summon 4 demons.concentrate ONLY on irenicus, and remove his protection, then send yer fighters to smash irenicus, and his dead.

my korgans thaco was -14, so even without removing irenicus spell protection, he still can hit irenicus.

[ 06-19-2003, 11:37 AM: Message edited by: BaRoN NiGhT ]
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 11:14 AM   #2
Xen
Symbol of Moradin

Quote:
Originally posted by BaRoN NiGhT:
kill irenicus in a zap!yes...

before opening the last door in nine hells, cast protection from magic spell on everyone and let yer mage/sorcerer cast lots and lots of skull trap near the door (i did 7 skull traps)

irenicus appears, and you and yer party AND irenicus will howl in pain, the difference is that you and yer party doesn't even lose 1 bit of hit point, while irenicus, is on major damage (near death).

after that he'll chit chat for a second, then summon 4 demons.concentrate ONLY on irenicus, and remove his protection, then send yer fighters to smash irenicus, and his dead.

my korgans thaco was -14, so even without removing irenicus spell protection, he still can hit irenicus.
SPOILERS ARE URGENT IN THIS POST!!!-EDIT IT
I would like to see you doing that VS. Improved Irenicus...
I do not like this tactic. I like to fight not cheat.
Xen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:17 PM   #3
Faceman
Hathor

there are lots of cheesy tactics beating Irenicus and they are mostly copies of your everyday anti-spellcaster cheese
e.g.
run away - hide down a staircase - wait for his protections to wear off - send in minor summons every now and then to make him waste his spells and when you are certain he's got no single MM left attack and whack!
Old 06-20-2003, 02:13 AM   #4
Silversten
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i just ran around in circles and did just hit the demons every now and again so as not to get surounded till the demons died (i have the cloak of reflection so none of irenicus's spells hurt me much) when he was on his own then just attacked him with all my warriors and he died. no need for cheap tactics. that was at lvl 13 too.
Silversten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2003, 05:56 AM   #5
Zuvio
Gold Dragon

In the readme provided with the Tactics mod, there are several strategies on how to beat the Improved baddies. I tried one from a girl once, who used a spellcaster (sorc or mage?) to irradicate the first fight with Irenicus. It went extremely well. She had the whole fight figured out. Might wanna check the readme file if you're not too comfortable with the Improved Irenicus.