Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 08-21-2013, 12:21 PM   #1
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Books...nectar of my brain

Currently chewing my way through "The Mortal Instruments Series" and thurougly enjoying it - love the sarcasm included between the characters and having a gay warlock dating a shadowhunter is pretty "non-russian" and cool.

Next on the list is the prequels: Clockwork Angels and after that I guess old man Salvatore will grab me with Grauntgylr....blah hard2spell - the Neverwinter Saga!

books are heaven!

OH and gratz to myself - on my 1000th post in here weeeeeee
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"

Last edited by Sparhawk; 08-21-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: Just found out....1000 post.
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 11:54 AM   #2
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Books...nectar of my brain

Nice!!

Yeah, I may look into those then. I too love smart arse characters. Reading the latest Drizzt Novel.. its crazy.... The Sundering is about to happen, and it's much like the 'Time of Troubles' MAYBE... its a 6 book arc..

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2013, 03:35 PM   #3
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I'd bypass the movie though - omg its a disaster compared to the books!
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Old 08-23-2013, 09:07 AM   #4
wellard
Dracolisk

Timber Loftis used to urge me to read GRR Martin and with the inevitable exposure the Game of thrones series has brought I finally caved in a few months ago.

Thoroughly enjoying them - i'm on A Dance with Dragons right now so he better pull his finger out and finish the story arc soon.

I was a bit wary starting the books after just finishing reading most of Robyn Hobbs work last year - awesome as well BTW! and would have normally put the fantasy genre down for a while to prevent the 'sameness' creeping in. However GRR Martin brings a grittiness and reality (little use of magic) and an obvious knowledge of medieval arms and armour. The amount of characters and settings can be overwhelming at times but worth the effort of extra concentration.

I look forward to viewing the series on blue ray when I finish this book.

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 12:24 PM   #5
Sparhawk
Quintesson

I'd say that GoT is one of the few good book-into-television shows around - Harry Potter movies are another ( though I still like the books better ).

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 09-03-2013, 06:39 AM   #6
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Currently crying my eyes out....

reading some good ol' Faerun stuff - first had to finish The Ghost King and I was not prepped for that ending *cry* then started on Gauntgreylm ( YOU try spelling that crap ) and I almost threw the book out the window.

R.A.Salvatore - in case you read THIS - Errtu has a special place reserved for you in the abyss compliments of me!!!

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 09-03-2013, 09:16 AM   #7
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Ironworks Forum Re: Books...nectar of my brain

Do not fret... read the next few books... and the new one "The Companions: The Sundering, Book I".. I too was like WTH?? read carefully... .. not finished it yet.

I have a feeling the Gods are playing a hand in this... Mainly Mielikki and maybe Lloth.

Newest one is here:
http://www.amazon.com/The-Companions.../dp/0786963719

THEN.. the next Drizzt book is March 2014.. called 'The Hunter'... hmm
http://www.amazon.com/Night-Hunter-C...ref=pd_sim_b_6

I saved a TON of cash buying it on Amazon.. even with a discount card at books a million (a store), it would have still been 10% more than amazon even WITH shipping! (and bought 2 other paper back books) and still cheaper.. lol.

I got Paul S Kemps paperback "Hammer and the Blade".. Paul did the Cale trilogy for Forgotten Realms.. He's my personal favorite Author currently.

BTW, Troy Denning is releasing a new Forgotten Realms novel!! its been MANY years.. like 10+ since he's written one. so awsome!

The Sentinel: The Sundering, Book V by Troy Denning(Apr 1, 2014)

Old 09-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #8
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Working my way through...

MAJOR SPOLER INCLUDED SO DON*T MOAN ABOUT MISSING WARNING!!!!

too many deaths in one book imho...Salvatore had some bad dinner and decided to kill half his characters

"Unleash the Casey!"

Old 09-03-2013, 10:14 PM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Spoiler too.......
If you read closely, did he go to His God? Mordin? No, he went to the lake where the others are... keep reading!

Old 09-04-2013, 04:21 AM   #10
Sparhawk
Quintesson

...ooh?

*grabs book and starts reading again - curious as hell*

"Unleash the Casey!"