Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-03-2006, 05:42 PM   #1
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

I just bought it and I hear it's bug ridden... soooooo... which patches should I get and from where?

Cheers in advance,

CD.
Calaethis Dragonsbane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2006, 06:36 PM   #2
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

Get the official 1.2 patch, then the unofficial 2.1(I think that's the latest, not sure).
If it weren't for the multitude of small bugs and two rather large ones in ver 1, I'd call this the game of the century.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:12 AM   #3
the mighty stamar

THis is a great game, It has great voice acting and great graphics. Its long, its funny. It has extremely different parts, sometimes it is action game sometimes it is a conversation tree game. One great part its a very scary haunted house.

I recomend playing malkavian

depending on how much time you have, I think i recomend actually starting two games, one malkavian and one any of the other factions and play them both at once.
the mighty stamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 05:02 AM   #4
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Bloodlines is one of my favorite games. It's very replayable and has alot of depth. A word of warning though.. Malkavian is a great character, but not for your first time through. Unless you are a chaotic neutral anarchist, of course. Personally, I really like the Tremere clan. Blood magic is both awesome to look at, and very powerful. Even at the lower levels. Plus, the Tremere has virtually no disadvantages. On another note, it's generally not a good idea to spend points on more than one discipline. They're very expensive.
Dreamer128 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2006, 03:26 PM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Kickass game, I still regret having to give back the CD lol!
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 09:23 AM   #6
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Thanks for all the advice .

Currently, I'm playing my first game through as a Venture/Ventrue(I'm not sure about the spelling). So far he's not that combat orinated, but has five in unarmed and melee combat, a few points in seduction, hacking, persuasion. He isn't very good at stealth or lockpicking though. Blood buff is a definate life-saver, as is trance.

He's also a very "humane" vampire -_-.

Say, when do I get my own ghouls? If at all?

Right now, I'm just entering LA downtown to talk to The Prince and let him know I took out that Sabbat werehouse.
Old 02-05-2006, 10:25 AM   #7
Bozos of Bones
Apophis

To get your own ghoul, hurry back to the hospital in Santa Monica and talk to Knox/Mercurio/Tung, and then enter the hospital from the back(or persuade your way back through the front). There is a room on the street level with a patient on the bed. That's all I'll say for now.
BTW, Vetrues are not made for melee combat. If you want melee, Brujah, Gangrel and Toreador are the clans to be, most certainly not Ventrue. Just thought you should know before you go on a spend frenzy.
Old 02-05-2006, 01:01 PM   #8
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Hmm... I'll keep that in mind. I think I may have botched that since I "healed" some girl with my guy's blood and now she's gone...

I'm in Downtown now - how do I get into the Ventrue tower? :\
Old 02-05-2006, 01:19 PM   #9
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Calaethis Dragonsbane:
Hmm... I'll keep that in mind. I think I may have botched that since I "healed" some girl with my guy's blood and now she's gone...

I'm in Downtown now - how do I get into the Ventrue tower? :\
You'll see her again later.
Luvian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:24 PM   #10
Calaethis Dragonsbane
Legion Symbol

Thanks [img]smile.gif[/img] And the tower? The gates seem shut. I tried jumping up the truck and running around the side using the buidling's ledge, but the gargoyals block me... how can I report to the prince in the Ventrue tower if I can't even get in? *is confused*

Edit: I'm an idiot. The thing was right behind me the whole time. Not the place with the gates at all, but the place opposite it. meh.

[ 02-05-2006, 02:27 PM: Message edited by: Calaethis Dragonsbane ]