Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-07-2009, 01:01 PM   #1
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Default wizard slayer edit

I'm playing as a ws again and I would like to change the magic resistance per level from 1% to 2%. Is there an easy way to do that? I've looked at some mods but they all seem to make a lot of changes, and this one difference would be enough for me. The progression could change back to the normal setting at level twenty as well (when it changes to alternating with 5%) or stick at 2% per level from then on if its easier that way.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:34 AM   #2
Kazilan
Elminster

Default Re: wizard slayer edit

Noone? Ok, ok, I can deal with 1% per level. How about this question (spoilerish): How long can I keep Keldorn and Viconia in the same party? I'd like to have him with the group while I do Anomen's quest (never had them together) but I'm romancing Viconia. Is it a quick descent to hostility or do I have some time - once Anomen finishes his quests I can give Keldorn the boot.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:26 AM   #3
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

It so happens that I'm currently working on Version 2 of my Kitpack, which (among other stuff) gives Wizard Slayers 2% Magic Resistance and 1% Magic Damage Resistance per level. The bad news is it's not out yet--I have to finish the Hivemaster, Inquisitor & Disillusioned kits first, but give me a few weeks & it'll be done.

Then again, with Viconia in the party, who needs a Wizard Slayer? I think Keldorn & Viconia can coexist for about a week, I don't think I've ever actually paired them.
Old 02-08-2009, 04:24 PM   #4
Kazilan
Elminster

What is the Disillusioned kit? Sounds interesting.

Are you referring to Viconia's MR? So far she is only useful for buffing and healing, but to be honest I've never been very good at the combat tactics part of this game.

My character is actually becoming less useful as I progress - I currently have Mazzy, Valygar, and Yoshimo raining arrows on people so fast that my warrior ends up running around the map trying to engage people in melee before they die. Sort of funny, I guess, to imagine a giant warrior charging wildly, waving his dual wielded flail and sword only to have the enemies fall, full of arrows, before he can reach them. I've seriously considering switching him to using crossbows to make use of all the crossbow ammo I keep finding and selling. Also considering dualling him to a thief per the ideas posted in other threads about maxing MR items, but again I've never been good at the tactics and don't know if I could make it work.
Old 02-09-2009, 01:35 PM   #5
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

The Disillusioned is a Thief kit, who can make several types of grenades (in the manner of Oils of Fiery Burning) and with bonuses in Detect Illusions.

Yes, in the default game, Paladins, Monks, Druids, and Viconia all make better Wizard Slayers than the Wizard Slayer. If you've got Viccy, just slap a couple of MR items on her and she'll kill all the wizards and beholders in the world for you.
Old 02-17-2009, 10:07 PM   #6
Kazilan
Elminster

The disillusioned kit sounds pretty interesting - what are the negative aspects? No backstab?

When you finish the wizard slayer kit, will I be able to install it and have the changes present on my current character? I'm at level 13 now and wondering if I should dual to thief or leave him alone, his MR is a pretty crappy trade off against all the items he can't use.
Old 02-18-2009, 06:19 AM   #7
wellard
Dracolisk

If you dual a wizard slayer to a thief you can get 85% MR anyhow
but your character sucks for a while getting there

fossils - natures way of laughing at creationists for over 3 billion years
wellard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2009, 12:23 PM   #8
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazilan View Post
The disillusioned kit sounds pretty interesting - what are the negative aspects? No backstab?
No Traps, and only 15 Thieving points per level. (Although since they get 3% Detect Illusions per level, and they won't be putting points in Traps, they actually gain skills about as fast as a Bounty Hunter.)

Quote:
When you finish the wizard slayer kit, will I be able to install it and have the changes present on my current character?
I'm not sure, but probably not. The most likely scenario is that, say you installed my Wizard Slayer when your WS is at Level 12. After the installation, everything that your character gained (or did not gain) during Levels 1-12 will remain as it was: The installation will not affect retroactive changes. But from Levels 13 and onward, the character will Level Up as per the new kit.