Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2001, 02:55 PM   #1
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Is it worthwhile getting? Just looking for some information here...I'm considering picking it up.

Old 06-05-2001, 02:58 PM   #2
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

Saz, I have started playing it on two different occasions. It really is a great game. However, I am having some problems running it on my computer. It will work all right and then all of a sudden, the thing slows down. If I put my mouse too close to the ground, it seems to stick and I was getting very frustrated. The website says they are in the process of releasing a patch and I am really hoping this will be my solution as I would like to try it again.

------------------

Old 06-05-2001, 03:02 PM   #3
MILAMBER
Lord Soth

My friend has it and I played around with it for a couple of hours once and it is a mixed bag imho. Graphics are great, gameplay is good, but the concept behind the game is lacking. I guess I'd rather roleplay an adventurer then a god.

------------------
"The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his."
-General George Patton (1885-1945)
Old 06-05-2001, 03:14 PM   #4
ogopogo
Manshoon

I have it and bought it right when it came out. I played a lot for about 2 days but the novelty wore off fast. The graphics and sounds are great but, the game is not worth buying until a patch is released and even then I am not sure. There are just too many problems and the micromangment gets soo tedious after a while. Actually the game becomes very boring in too short of a time.
BTW it ran fine on my computer but there are far better strategy, empire building type games than this one. If you do buy it make sure you have at least a 600mhz+ system or youll be in trouble I think.
Old 06-05-2001, 03:16 PM   #5
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

The game is more fun than good. O almost fell off my chair when I got my tiger hehe.. He started to play with his beachball and then he wanted to find out if people bounced too! he.

The game is fun, but basicly it is a resource and gathering game with a twist to it. Fun if you like that sort of game, I like it due to the great comicical twists in it and also it has a good AI, but I´m to restless sometimes for it. But I can definately say this, buy it!!! You will get something noone has really done before, even if it is already done.. A great and funny game. I usually boor real quickly with these kinds of games, but this is just so much fun!

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Old 06-05-2001, 03:38 PM   #6
Mouse
Ironworks Moderator

Bought it, played it for two days, put it to one side. I've got to applaud the concept, but it just doesn't float my boat

So......off I went last Saturday to get a new game. Had a look at Evil Islands, rejected it because I've heard it's a tad buggy. Then I saw a bargain triple-pack....now I own Fallout2, Planetscape:Torment and some game called Builder's Goat or something. Now which one should I try first

------------------
Regards

Mouse
Old 06-05-2001, 03:38 PM   #7
Lady Avalon
Emerald Dragon

It is a great distraction Saz and you should definitely try it. Sometimes you need something besides the good ole adventure rpg game, although nothing wrong with that either.

------------------

Old 06-05-2001, 04:06 PM   #8
DawnChaser
Zhentarim Guard

I though it was just me. I played it for two days (I love the humor in it) and got tired of not being able to attend to every little detail. I was missing so much, it was depressing me. So I put it away (for a while). I will play it some more later...

As was mentioned before though, it is a very visually exciting game, and the concept is fresh.

It is worth checking out.

DawnChaser
Old 06-05-2001, 04:07 PM   #9
Neb
Account deleted by Request

I wouldn't recommend it, it's not as good as they say, the idea is good, but you have to constantly ferry resources back and forth while at the same time teaching your creature it's spells and other things, wait until it gets cheaper.
Old 06-05-2001, 04:23 PM   #10
Lord Shield

My brother has the game and, while it looks good and is amusing:
1) it lags often (my brother has powerful machine)
2) he is still trying to beat a level he started 2 weeks ago because of one setback (boooring)
3) unless you download the training room, your creature will get crapped on many times while enemy creature does downtown stomp on your settlements - very frustrating

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html