Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-06-2007, 10:04 AM   #1
Mindflayer
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hiho.

I just reinstalled W8 and plan to use Deathstalkers Mod this time.
Unfortunately there seems to be no documentation about the changes it makes.
Maybe someone can help me:
a) As far as I understand from the posts on the forum, a Mage can now learn each spell, but not use spellbooks.
So, what are the differences to a bishop?
- Bishops learn slower?
- Can Bishops use books?
b) If I remember correctly, to use a book I need to have a certain Level and a certain value in the Skill (i.e. Alchemy). So if Bishops can use books, it would probably be best to not train his wizardry at all?
c) Are there some Class/Race-Combos I should definitely pick to get the best weapons (i.e. Like Fairy Ninja in W8) or are there enough "best weapons" to make nearly every Combo happy?
d) Are there, on the other hand, Combos that would miss the best weapon? For example, I plan to play a Fairy Bishop, would this mean that I can't use the best Bishop or Fairy equipment out there?
c) Is there somewhere on the web a nice documentation about DS? Spell Lists? Gadget Lists? Weapon Lists and so on?
d) Is DS3.0 + Trinnie Patch the latest version? What is the official page for the mod?
e) Is this a Bug: QWERTY talks like a higardy from Arnika, althought she is obviously not a higardi but a fairy?

My thoughts on Party:
Human Ranger, Fairy Bishop, Mook Gadgeteer, Rawulf Lord, Felpurr Ninja, Hobbit Samurai.
Are there any special weapons I should take?

Edit: Maybe I'll take a Felpurr Monk instead of the Ninja, since the Ranger already does Alchemy...

[ 01-06-2007, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Mindflayer ]
Mindflayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 02:27 PM   #2
William
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1. yes, bishops learn slower, because they need more exp. to level up, but of course, they end up knowing far more spells from bought or found spellbooks. Plus the bishop is the only class to learn Missile Shield
2.this I do not understand, you want to be as high as possible in all magic (except divinity, see below)
3.there are no more uberweapons which are exclusive to a class-race combination, afaik, there are things like Gnomish Mace, but they are not only open to Gnomes.
There are some Fairy-only things, but nothing indispensable.
4.You do want some professions, but not necessarily from one race. i.e. you do want a lord, but Dwarf, or a Human, or a Dracon will all do fine, take Mace and Dagger. Do not bother with a bow or gun after you find the ulimate but cursed dagger in the monastery. Other professsions i'd consider a must are a gadgetteer, Mook will do fine, but Fellpur or Hobbit will work just as well, you do want a Priest, Dwarf, or Rawulf, and a Ninja, I take Fellpur or Hobbit, with Throwing and daggers, Sais for instance or the gruesome Bowel Raker. Others are random, I like a Ranger with Demonsting, Race not relevant.
5. on the other board I think about page 5 there is a list of items and how or where to use/merge them and the requirments.
6. that is to my knowledge the last version. I use Wolfie's or Lana's sites.
7.Do not know about QWERTY. I grab her stuff and didmiss her immediately.
8. I do train the ranger in Alchemy but do not bother with the Ninja, apart from givimg him some books I find.

HTH, gr. from Holland, and remember, in the end, everything you like will work. Wim Denie
William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2007, 05:23 PM   #3
Nightwing
Baaz Draconian

Mages are much more powerfull early but run out of spell points later. If you want a new challenge take a mage you must really know your spells. I preferr the mage this way from a roleplaying perspective and from a strategy perspective also. Two characters with divinity are a good choice. I like to play a priest until I get divinity to 75 and divine to 85 and then switch to a fighter. Then take a lord also or valk but a lord for the duel weapons. William is right the lord does not need to bother with anything other than mace and flail and dagger. A Ranger is a must you get a really good bow in the upper monestary and later when you get demonsting it is great. There are a lot of new things for bards but they didn't change things that much.

There are some bugs but none that are game ending at this point as long as you get the trynton patch.