Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-16-2001, 04:23 PM   #1
Archangel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey,

Anyone out there want to play IWD on line?
I've been gagging to go on-line with this game since I bought it and am looking now for like-minded souls to adventure with.
Please post something here if you are keen. I already have a couple of folk interested...

I'm in the UK...(for time-zone purposes)
Am willing to play almost all classes... whatever needs.
I can host (Adsl plus static IP plus fast machine...

Is there anyone wants to come play!?

------------------
If you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Smile On! - /^Archangel^\
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 04:36 PM   #2
KillerMafia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

i'd like to play, im in the USA. I just recently started to play, so what level char. are you interested in? the highest i have is a lvl 5 thief. named Tweet. =) i'd like to play, but whenever i try to i cant access the "Online Button" it wont work.. anyway, i've wanted to get a REAL d&d game online, but thats crazy.. bye.
KillerMafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2001, 06:50 PM   #3
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I would love to play but the timing would be very hard for me since I work a week on and a week off. And the week I work I have no access to a computer to play. But If this will work let me know. And BTW welcome to both of you.

------------------

Give me Back my glasses.
Lord of the blind.
Mack_Attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 06:44 AM   #4
gingerboy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
Originally posted by Archangel:
Hey,yes!!! i so want to play online, i am from uk and can play usually whenever, please reply or contact me as i have been waiting to play online for ages. chris
Aka gingerboy
chrisbroome16@hotmail.com

Anyone out there want to play IWD on line?
I've been gagging to go on-line with this game since I bought it and am looking now for like-minded souls to adventure with.
Please post something here if you are keen. I already have a couple of folk interested...

I'm in the UK...(for time-zone purposes)
Am willing to play almost all classes... whatever needs.
I can host (Adsl plus static IP plus fast machine...

Is there anyone wants to come play!?

gingerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 05:03 PM   #5
MidNightForce
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I play iwd + how, you can find me in gamespy same nick like here, im from austria, so ping should be good. There are only a few iwd-how players out there, that should change...

------------------
Night is not always that, what you think...
MidNightForce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 05:16 PM   #6
KillerMafia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

well, im going to get my faster than dsl line before the end of this week. So i will be able to play and keep up with you European people. i am still going up in lvls, but are we going to play lvl 1 char to start out with? cuz a 4th lvl party and a 10th lv, party arent going to be good...
plz write back.l
Old 06-18-2001, 05:57 PM   #7
gingerboy
Elite Waterdeep Guard

good question.... well, ive got some good lvl 12 characters but i dont mind starting fresh if u all want. u will have to say though because it`ll be best if we generate them and then import them before we play.
how do we set it all up by the way? one of us will have to be host obviously but thats all i know! what is all this serial number and stuff about? lost me there...
well write soon cuz i really want to play with u guys.
later

gingerboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 06:28 PM   #8
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I dunno, i don;t think IWD is really fun in Multiplayer. One character can be your tank, one can be magely or theifly. I'd say, your tank and scout might wanna be buddies like.. a Ranger and a Fighter Thief. otherwise, one guy (the tank) keeps racing up and killing everything first. (that's how my oneplayer game is going anyways... 50% of exp and kills go to the Ranger Cleric in this 4 player party. but hey, to each their own.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2001, 06:29 PM   #9
Archangel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

YEAY!

Really Glad to have your responses for this.

I have a couple of other interested players on another forum.

I don't mind hosting and all I have to do (I've been told) is to give you guys my IP address, you select Multi-player with TCP/IP and put in my IP address and we're away.

That's the theory, I've not done this before.

I definitely want to start a 1st level starter party. I think this gives us the chance to build up together and role play better.

Let's see,
We have
KillerMafia in the US
Mack-Attack in Canada
Gingerboy in the UK
MidNightForce in Austria
and me, Archangel in the UK

I may have one more UK and two Scandinavians interested...

This gives us a 4-2 balance in favour of West Eurasian players.
Are you North Americans able to work around our times. We'll see if it is possible to encorporate Mack-Attack's times if you all are willing to play only once a fortnight.

Keep in touch... and thanks again for the response...

------------------
If you're not part of the solution you are part of the problem. Smile On! - /^Archangel^\
Archangel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2001, 11:56 AM   #10
KillerMafia
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hey, as soon as i get my slightly faster than DSL connection, i should be able to play, but we will have to work around the times. See, the only comp in my house is in my parents room and if we plan to play around 8:30pm GMT, i will be able to make it.. cuz when its 8:30pmGMT, its only 3:30pm in the US(5 hrs behind and im in eastern usa). if we can get this going, im going to a half-ling thief. ill just sit back and shoot at things. mind you i DO NOT have HoW, tho, i plan to buy it, but im poor, lol i have only 20 bucks and its $25-$30. so we might just have to play stricktly IWD.

later guys.