Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-14-2001, 07:33 PM   #1
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

OK, to start things out, if you are playing in multi-player, can you export and import your other characters to be your main character, and then get them a keep, them switch back to your original main character? Like if you take Mike the Monk who is your protagonist, and then Peter the Paladin, who you want to be part of the Radiant Heart, could you export both Peter and Mike, then switch their places, and get Peter his Knightlihood? Then after you get Peter his part in the Radiant Heart, switch him with Terri the Thief, and get her a part in the Shadow Thieves? Then after all that keep-collecting, switch back to Mike as your protagonist? OK, that's out of the way, now for #2. I know only Humans can duel-class, and Paladins, Rangers, and Druids can't duel-class, but how come my Monk can't? Or my Mage or Sorcerer? I figured the Duel-Class option comes up when you level up, but I was wrong. So why isn't this working? Lastly, I'm sick and tired of having the same voices for my Dwarf and my Human, so how can I get the voices of the NPC's? Like Edwin's voice or Keldorn's? I looked in the BG2:SoA folder, and couldn't find anything leading to those "voices", anybody know where I can find them? Or, can you even use them with your PC's?
Old 06-14-2001, 07:38 PM   #2
Shadowblade
The Magister

I can answer one question, before my eyes close without me will..... ahhh there they go!

You cannot dual class a monk

you can turn a ranger to a cleric but you cannot dual class a monk!

Mush?

------------------
We are leeds, we are LEEDS,WE ARE LEEDS
WELCOME TO RUSSIA!
Old 06-14-2001, 08:25 PM   #3
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

As for your questions about switching protaganists to get all of the strongholds, it probably won't work, as their is a variable set that prevents you from having more than one. You can use Shadowkeeper to reset that Global Variable after gaining a stronghold, so that you can have all of them. The name of the variable is: PLAYERHASSTRONGHOLD

Monks can't dual-class. This is part of the 2ED D&D rules. They are way unbalanced anyways, really weak at first and then over-powered at high levels.

If you want the other NPC's voices, extracted copies of them are here:

http://www.gamers-allegiance.com/

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."