Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-03-2001, 02:12 PM   #1
ReGiN

I've been wondering....what is the best combination for a player-contolled character in the game?
I think the best is:

Half-Elf
Cleric/fighter/mage
with a lawful good alignment.

This guy is real good when he gets his hands on a elven chain mail. He can cast both mage AND cleric spells (obviously) and he has all the advsntages of a fighter.

Still, as the generous person I am, I'd like to hear what you have to say...

------------------

Old 10-03-2001, 02:14 PM   #2
ReGiN

BRILLIANT TOPIC I MUST SAY

KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK

Old 10-03-2001, 03:46 PM   #3
StarVid
Elminster

That would probably be decent for a solo character, but I bet a lot of people here would argue towards the Elven F/M/T...
Old 10-03-2001, 04:04 PM   #4
Istaron
Banned User

I think half/elven magican with robe of vecna.

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 10-03-2001, 04:06 PM   #5
Encard
Quintesson

For solo, I'd say a half-elf thief/mage or cleric mage. Otherwise, a monk, assassin, or berserker.

------------------
The Eternal ChAos-bringer of

HADB

CCCCCCcccccccHHHHHHHHhhhhhhAAAAAAAaaaaaaaOOOOOOOoo oooooSSSSSSSsssssss.............

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 10-03-2001).]
Old 10-03-2001, 10:31 PM   #6
deathknight
Drow Warrior

I have played a cleric/fighter/mage. I thought he was very strong. Then I played like a half dozen other classes that were better hehe. The problem is the slow leveling. Your fighter levels go up so slowly so your melee is never what it could be. And you never achieve the highest level spells for mage or cleric.

Personally I like dual class over multi-class. Majority of the time your character will be stronger if you take a class for some of its advantages then switch classes and level up to high levels in another class.

Monks & kensai/mages are great power gaming classes. Kesnasi/thief, ranger/cleric(berserker cleric works great also) are also powerful and good fun. And I simply love sorcerers. It seems like an endless supply of whatever you want to cast!
Old 10-03-2001, 11:57 PM   #7
darelisa
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Try a human fighter/thief. Every party needs a thief, why not have a guy that can fight good also. Take a fighter up to level 9 then dual to a thief. The thief has fast leveling so you'll notice he will catch up to non dualed characters pretty quickly. Plus he can weapon specialize and has awesome hit points.
Old 10-04-2001, 12:19 AM   #8
deathknight
Drow Warrior

IMHO if you go thief dual from a kensai or a berserker. Kensai is best if you go on to ToB.
Old 10-04-2001, 02:33 AM   #9
Lord Arn Dragonfire
The Magister

A paladin, cavalier, of course
Old 10-04-2001, 07:34 AM   #10
ReGiN

Well all of these sound very good...but I don't get how you can make a kensai/mage?