Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-20-2001, 10:48 AM   #21
Tobbin_OHF

***** WHISPERS TO BLACK KNIGHT *******
Hey bud, you realize that you just said that out loud amidst a room with women in it, right?

Old 02-20-2001, 10:52 AM   #22
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

hehehe, thats a good one.. oups..
Old 02-20-2001, 01:05 PM   #23
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yorick, Straight up, that wasn't a jest- it was meant (ok, hard to tell with me and this medium!) totally innocently. Moiraine IS a very sweet lady and as far as I can tell, a friend of yours or you wouldn't go out of your way to visit. Okay? (don't know how to do a little 'oops, I'm worried you misunderstood me' smiley!)

Wolfgir: Awww, I can be sunny too! Sunshowers for all of you! Whereabouts is Gothenburg in the country? I'm not too good at European geography, I readily admit!

Web design? Nifty! I'm tinkering with it at work, just basic (very basic!) html stuff using a text-editor (html-kit) for now. Got to do a page for our little Italian program.
You do lots of complicated stuff? Java, perl etc? Way beyond me, but I do admire anyone who can do it! HTML is another language all by itself, for me.

Cloudy
Old 02-20-2001, 01:10 PM   #24
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

And BK, Yorick: Hmmm, I think I shall just say, well that little addage works for the opposite gender too.

Cloudy
Old 02-20-2001, 01:47 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Men can never really be satisfied.
Old 02-20-2001, 03:16 PM   #26
BLACK KNIGHT

LadyWendy and Cloudbringer: I do agree that my little adage works both ways. I think that the tragedy in life comes when the object of your desire is also the object of most of your frustrations. But I disagree that men cannot be satisfied. I am. Maybe she isn't. Don't know, but anyways, why is it that some (not all but some) women find a guy they like, then try to change said guy into something they want. If he isn't what you want, keep looking. But I digress.

BK

Old 02-20-2001, 06:48 PM   #27
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

BK:
You are right, trying to change someone doesn't really work , so why do it? Just creates lots of frustration and misery on both sides.

Hehehe Uh, that would explain my current state of singleness.... I'm too picky and of course now I'm too busy vanquishing trolls and umber hulks.

Cloudbringer
Old 02-20-2001, 07:10 PM   #28
Tobbin_OHF

Hmmm. This whole issue of change has me rather confused. Granted that you shouldn't become something that you are not, but I think that most people will change some when they are with someone. That's what compromise is all about. Give and take and take and give. As long as it's all even anyways.

CB, about html and stuff. I found that the easiest way to work with it was to use beginner packages and create pages with whatever tools that they had. Once the page is created, you can use the view option and view code. This is the best way to learn if you don't have anyone that can help you. As for advanced html, well, you can use the same theory on existing webpages too. You just go to the View menu on your browser and select source. This will tell you most of the code that you need to know. I say most because if there is Java on the page GOD I LOVE JAVA then you will have to remember that the program is really separate from the HTML. It uses it as an interface. I'm not sure about Javascript though as I really haven't used that.

Old 02-21-2001, 07:10 AM   #29
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Cloudy! Thanks for the sunbeams could really use a few of thoose *imagine big bad wolf lying in the sun basking*
No I don´t do any pearl or Java unless its in Dreamweaver 4. I´m more into design and troubleshooting the "what you see" perfecting images, making the layout work in as many environments as possible. I also do some of the main art work to but not at work though.. just on the side..
I also do some Flash and Shockwave stuff as well as original paperdesigns.

So you´re picky too? THoose sunbeams fell a little brighter hehehe

LadyZ, we can´t be satisfied?? Hmm, doesn´t seem so in my world..I know what I would be satisfied with

javascripts are inside the html, very good for small behaviours like open in new window, and well work alittle like DHTML.