Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-03-2001, 04:28 AM   #31
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Hi Azuth, I know how you feel friend though I have been here for awhile I do feel like a Newbie.
Not that the folks around here are unfriendly! No way,i have received alot of help a friendly suggestions, itīs just tha I donīt know anyone only of their Nick and nothing more, it is a bit secluded here in the north..

However I donīt think that you should feel left out of the conversations or any threads, it is not the meaning and the purpose, and eventfully you will find answers to you questions. Memnoch ( a great dude who says he dislikes all the good in the BG is somehow the good fellow together with Armisael they are on a quest to help all! (thanks alot guys for all the help!))

Well this thread may be a good one, cause an introduction for newbies is good, and a good way to know each other and well ome of the "veterans" have been here too!

So good luck, and well you canīt like em all can you?
Old 02-03-2001, 05:56 AM   #32
Donut (Son of Donut)

Yorick

If your walkabout takes you to Enfield in North London you might like to pop in here: www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk
I spend far too much time there myself. The barmaid in the picture is from Melbourne.

Old 02-03-2001, 06:07 AM   #33
The Corinthian

Hey,
as a newbie I'd like to say that everyones been pretty cool so far,and a great help whenever I ask any questions-most of them quite stupid .This games got me by the neck and is cutting into a huge proportion of my counterstrike time *sigh*, not to mention social time.But I dont grudge the time a bit-it is so worth it!Returning to the thread,occasionally I feel disinclined to join in a thread when a whole lot of vets are on, but thats cool and probably to be expected.
I"ll probably wade in anyway with my foot in my mouth sooner rather than later.see you all around !

Old 02-03-2001, 07:21 AM   #34
Zoratorak
Welcomed New User

hmm... all i can really say is... WELCOME ALL NEWBIES!!!! THIS BOARD IS THE BEST!!!
Old 02-03-2001, 07:40 AM   #35
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

Yes the True members of the Board will never flame you (maybe blue flame you and make you loose your hairs)

JOIN
THE MORE THE MARRIER
Old 02-03-2001, 07:48 AM   #36
bigman

...i have felt hesitant to jump in on some threads for all the reasons the other good posters have already stated...so I am happy to know I am not alone...sometimes I put up a post and no one replies and then you look and the surrounding posts are basic chat room stuff...you guys rock...you will be hearing from the bigman in the future; I love helping people out if I can.

bigman

Old 02-03-2001, 07:59 AM   #37
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

*sigh*

bigman, I was kind of worried this might happen. Nobody feel threatened to join any of the threads, off topic or otherwise ok? Believe me when i say that most of the 'regulars' that post were all newbies a month or so ago, who decided to join in on these off topic threads and got to know everyone better as a result which is the best thing about this board - people have gotten to KNOW each other, so they stay even after they've finished the game. The more the merrier. Just don't forget to answer the game questions if you know the answers ok? We look forward to hearing from you in the future!
Old 02-03-2001, 08:02 AM   #38
fighter-thief

hello
i just wanted to say that i'm in limbo as for my newbie or not but i do everyday look back through ten pages and look for unanswered topics because i want everyone to go away happy with an idea to the question i sit here for 7 hours trying to help those who don't know and don't get upset at these "vets"just because the go off topic just remember this they didn't have a panel to help them when they started out that's why new people come along and want to help everyone i give the best answer i can think of and i like to follow up with the same people and see if it worked and if it didn't then i'll go back to the drawing board i care about you and want you to get a "good feeling about this" as Jaheira would say

Old 02-03-2001, 08:05 AM   #39
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Perfectly said fighter-thief! I'd love for everyone to be able to become comfortable with each other and everyone else here. Just remember that what goes around comes around, so if you do a good deed for someone someone will do the same for you, and you brought a smile to someone's face! Good on you!
Old 02-03-2001, 09:13 AM   #40
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Greetings all! Newbie is a state of mind, right? I've been here on and off for close to 3 months and can still feel bewildered. But I could also change my name and pretend to be someone else and none would really know the diff, would they? I could really piss people off one week then come back the next as the sweetest gal in 40 counties (not that I have ). I love this board for the fact that many people have strong opinions and aren't afraid to voice them, it keeps the board interesting! So, speak up all and keep us on our toes!