Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-02-2001, 11:15 PM   #11
SirGwayne

Well,I'm new here and I am curiouse how do you guys post those gif's.I have been frequenting Ice Wind Dale.as of lately,but am playing both games.just starting BGII over again.I'm kinda into graphics and a little side art work as well. those animated Gif's are just to coooool!

Old 02-02-2001, 11:25 PM   #12

I'l just like to say that while i've been here, i joinned in with the polls and given advice but while the people i help have given friendly replies, i do feel left out when i post a reply and it just goes under with the posts everyones puts up talking to each other.

Old 02-02-2001, 11:39 PM   #13
Azuth

SirGwayne if you mean the signature creatures, people have taken them from the game using Infinity Explorer, which you can get from thw IronWorks site the looped them with a gif editor. mind you i think they need to be put on a web page, i'm not sure about the last part, why i never made myself one. You can get a gif editor, if you don't have one, one a thread on page 11 by Gabriel. This is where i pick up this infomation.

Old 02-02-2001, 11:48 PM   #14
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Well as a total newbie who posts too much, no doubt, I can say I've been welcomed by lots of people I'm figuring are "old timers" and have got plenty of good tips on the game from new and old alike.

My advice is to jump in and get your feet wet, worst thing that can happen is you disagree with someone. It happens, but so far I have noticed a remarkable degree of tolerance on this board. Reminds me of a private email list I'm on, that was born of a newsgroup split 4 years ago. I've met half of those people in person. And while I may not be 'best buddies' with a good number of them, we all agree that we like our list enough not to let any disagreements keep us from posting. Even the one member who left in a huff, came back and was welcomed by all.

I have a feeling this board is going to be very much like that list. Hell, I've been "missing" from that list for a week now and they all think I've been kidnapped-had to tell one concerned person who emailed me at work, that I'm just hanging out in Amn for a while! Anyone working on that spell to give me a week of Saturdays? I sure could use it now!!!
Old 02-03-2001, 12:26 AM   #15
Moiraine
Anubis

A small word from a very recent ex-newbie :

This board is definitely victim of its own success ! I post mostly from work, and a bit at home for about one hour or two every day. I can't for the life of me find enough time to reply to 5% of the posts I would like to ! My point is, so many really nice people talk on this board, so if some posts don't get answers, it may simply be because we had to make a (very hard) choice, is all.

So, all newbies, even if we don't tell you, we welcome you all with happiness (if you are not trolls, of course )
Old 02-03-2001, 12:58 AM   #16
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Azuth, you're not a newbie you're an oldie with a past and if you ever stop posting or don't reply because of our little kerfuffle I shall come round to your work when I'm in the old dart AND BUY YOU A DRINK OR TWO!

Let me say this to any 'Newbie' who is reading.

DON'T EVER BE AFRAID OF PISSING ME OFF. BETTER TO RISK DISAGREEMENT AND FOR US ALL TO HAVE A HEARTY DEBATE THAN FOR YOU TO REMAIN SILENT.

I look forward to hearing from you Archlich Azuth.
Old 02-03-2001, 01:25 AM   #17
Azuth

Yorick, I've never been away, I done alot of thinking since our last converstaion and have changed my ways.
I just reallised that i created this thread so new comers could meet and make friends with out the overseers ( regulars, but i could resist the joke.) but I've caused this to be reverse of what it was and had a conversation about my past.
Yorick, i think you made a mistake in your last post, at least i hope it was?
Vendui'

Old 02-03-2001, 01:37 AM   #18
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Uh oh, w'what mistake... 'Archlich'? or the buy you a drink bit? The old dart? Kerfuffle? Help me! w'what mistake Azuth?
Old 02-03-2001, 01:41 AM   #19
Azuth

Sorry but you said that if i ever stop posting or don't reply you buy me a drink.

Old 02-03-2001, 01:48 AM   #20
Armisael

I think he meant 'buy you a drink and then kick your arse'.