Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-13-2000, 06:46 PM   #1
Nakor

Has enyone encountered bugs in BG2?
So far, I've only discovered two! that I can identify.

1. Casting spells: Somtimes when casting spells, when the wizard, druid, priest or whatever is finished chanting, nothing happens beside the fact that the hans are still moving. I can't find any logic reason why this should happen.

2. Resting: When trying to rest at an inn, I get the message "Not allowed to rest at this time". But if I click on the rest button once more, I'm allowed to rest after all. Strange, no?

Besides these small bugs ,I'm VERY satisfied with the game. I'm impressed by how smooth it runs. No problems or annoying bugs at all!!! (Except for the two described above). The story is kewl, and its not so much of the "empty" maps you encountered in BG.

So far, there is only one quest I've not been able to solve. It's the one in the sewers, where I need 4 recepies to get a magic sword. I easily found the staff and the hand. But I've got no clue on the last two items.

I'm currently playing a Monk. It's a think it's a real interesting class!

Old 11-13-2000, 07:01 PM   #2
Suul-Yinn

Maybe your mages have been silenced or deafened as both can result in missed spells. Also if they are struck during casting they also miss. Finally don't issue any other command whilst they are casting as they stop and waste the spell. In short any distraction and they lose it!

SPOILER
The other items are obtained by killing the pet carrion crawler and the two embracing skeletons on the wall hold a ring. Then click on each pipe in the right order or else!

Old 11-13-2000, 07:02 PM   #3
Zenith
Elite Waterdeep Guard

there are other bugs, read the forum to find more, but i'm pretty satisfied as well!

the bug when you try to rest may be that your party is not close enough together when you first initiate dialogue. when it ends, your characters finish moving to thier spots and are close enough together to rest.

in the sewers, you also need the lovers ring off the skeletons at the intersection right below the room where you found the hand. hte other thing is blood of a friend, kill quallo's pet carrion crawler. not sure of the order they go in but quick-save and take notes,
good luck
Old 11-13-2000, 07:19 PM   #4
Armisael

(spoiler) The items go in order (from left to right) 3, 1, 2, 4.
As for bugs in the game... I've encountered a lot. I like the game very much, but I must admit, it's desperately in need of a patch. Fixing the spelling errors wouldn't be a bad idea, either.

Old 11-13-2000, 08:34 PM   #5
The X
Dungeon Master

The only bugs I've encountered are those which involve NPCs subquests.

- when summoned to the Harper's Hold after Jaheira rejoined my party,I was unable to enter the Hold.When I tried to unlock the door, I received a message saying that the door is protected by some wards or something.(Now I'm on my second run of the game and nothing of that sort happen.)

- Anomen got summoned back home but when my party reached his place, his father drove us out!!! I ever use Anomen during my first run but could this be a bug??
Old 11-14-2000, 07:11 AM   #6
Kwakkie

I think there are many problems with familiars. Wat happened to me was this: There was a dream sequence (the second i think),and when I woke up I removed my familiar from my backpack. And guess what, instead of being with me, he was still in the dream sequence. I only got my familiar back when I had another dream.

There are other little bugs, but all in all this must be the greatest game ever...