Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-23-2001, 06:02 PM   #11
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

the first time i went through was with a Wizard Slayer... he kicked major arse too! of course, some things limited him, but he still whooped up on people! (i personally think Kensais are weak, IMGO...)

------------------
It's simple. Once the Planet is hurt, it gathers Spirit Energy to heal the injury. The amount of energy gathered depends on the size of the injury...What would happen if there was an injury that threatened the very life of the Planet? Think how much energy would be gathered! Ha, ha, ha. And at the center of that injury, wil be me. All that boundless energy will be mine. By merging with the energy of the Planet, I will be come a new life form, a new existence. Melding with the Planet, I will cease to exist as I am now. Only to be reborn as a 'God' to rule over every living soul.

Super Sephiroth, slayer of the Uber Fluffy, and battle co-ordionator and defender of the HADB clan.

Follower of the mighty Fallen Paladin himself.

Diplomacy is all and well, but HADB is better!

Admirer of the Lioness.

Head of the IronWorks Intelligence Division
Old 09-25-2001, 08:44 PM   #12
chinese noodle
Manshoon

i have played an Undead hunter and they are pretty good, but i like to have the keep as my stronghold, so i go standard fighter, get grand mastery in katanas
and maximum proficincies in two weapon style then dual to mage, mage with to katanas rules!!!
Old 09-25-2001, 10:03 PM   #13
The_dark_one
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I played BG I thru with a fighter, and im probably gonna do it in BG II, they are just a great class...
How every the selection of NPCS in BG I wa much better than BG II so i dont really know...
Old 09-25-2001, 10:41 PM   #14
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

I agree with Alex: Getting points in Cleric weapons before Dualing to Cleric is a GREAT way to get a super-Cleric hopped up on goofballs. But I'm wondering about the Fighter kits. I'm but a humble BG1 player, and the guy I'm working on now is a kickass Fighter with 18 CHA, and I plan to Dual him to a Thief soon, mainly so I can use his great Strength score to Backstab as well, in addition to having a tank who can Find Traps while his AC is -11.
BUT: I'm wondering about the Berserker kit. I read that Paladins have the Cavalier, which gives you more spells and makes all ranged weapons off-limits. My Tank never uses ranged weapons anyway (Boots of Speed--They can get off ONE shot before I'm in their face), so that would be a great kit for me....if Fighters could use it. Is that what the Berserker kit is? (Hope, hope)

The_Dark_One said: "How every the selection of NPCS in BG I wa much better than BG II so i dont really know..."
Oh, say it ain't so! I really didn't like the selection of maybe 7-8 NPCs with DECENT stats, where if you wanted some variety you had to go with losers like Faldorn, Garrick, Quayle and Tiax. Bioware should have made ALL the NPCs have resonably good stats, under the logic that the wimpy guys had all been killed while BG1 was taking place.
(All-time loser stats: Osprey, one of the illusory characters in the Candlekeep Prologue. She's a Cleric/Mage: Potentially a great combo....but look at her stats: 16/9/8/15/10/6. The ONLY thing she did right was have a low Charisma.)
Old 09-26-2001, 10:54 PM   #15
Kitty
Manshoon

BG2 NPCs are in a smaller number than in BG1 but most of all have decent stats. It's even difficult to choose who is better in each category. If you want some spoilers about the NPCs, just see the posts on this forum...
Old 09-27-2001, 12:50 AM   #16
crymson77
Manshoon

I had a plain old fighter. I duel classed him to a mage at level 15... It took a while but By the time I made it TOB he was a fighting machaine
Old 09-27-2001, 04:35 PM   #17
Poq'Trii
Welcomed New User

A straight up Dwarf Fighter is a considerable force even though the weapon's mastery table has changed dramatically. The dwarf's savings throw bonuses in spells and poison are huge. Also, without using a kit - bows are still a great way to knock enemies around before they get to your party.
Old 09-27-2001, 05:04 PM   #18
Talthyr Malkaviel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Well, personally I agree that cavaliers do kick, but my one true favourite character has got to be... the sorcerer, even though so many people say it sucks, i am playing one at the moment and the number of spells kicks mages asses.
And another thing, the spell melf's minute meteors is invaluable against golems, just send in your fighters... sit back and pelt it long range, since magic users are otherwise useless with golems magic resistance.
To the point though.. I've never tried a normal fighter, hmmm, maybe some other time.
Old 09-27-2001, 05:08 PM   #19
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Talthyr Malkaviel:
To the point though.. I've never tried a normal fighter, hmmm, maybe some other time.
Try a Drow Fighter. Very fun.