Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-07-2005, 05:48 AM   #1
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

On the day of the G8 summit too. Check you local news ASAP!

Post links to breaking news if you find them please. this is very serious.

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 05:53 AM   #2
Chris of the Dale
The Magister

An Australian friend of mine just told me. Currently none of my Canadian news channels are actually on yet. Please keep me updated.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:56 AM   #3
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Here is a link to an article I just found on the Sydney Morning Herald website. Thank god it says that at the moment it appears no one was killed.
Old 07-07-2005, 05:59 AM   #4
Stratos
Vampire

I found this at CNN

Quote:
Multiple explosions rock London

LONDON, England -- A bus was ripped apart in an explosion in central London today and several blasts rocked the Tube network leaving dozens of people injured.

The Tube blasts at the height of the rush hour on Thursday were initially blamed on a power surge.

But amid the chaos eyewitnesses reported that a packed double decker bus in the Russell Square area had been severely damaged in a blast.

Union officials blamed the Tube blasts on a series of bombs, and Scotland Yard confirmed the bus explosion and said it was dealing with "multiple explosions" in London.

A second bus was reported to have been damaged in Tavistock Square.

Describing the Russell Square blast, eyewitness Belinda Seabrook told the UK Press Association she saw an explosion rip through the bus as it approached the Square.

"I was on the bus in front and heard an incredible bang, I turned round and half the double decker bus was in the air," she said.

She said the bus was travelling from Euston to Russell Square and had been "packed" with people turned away from Tube stops.

Travellers emerged from underground tunnels covered in blood and soot. Scotland Yard declared the emergency a "major incident."

Emergency services were called to London's Liverpool Street Station after reports of an explosion shortly before 9 a.m.

A short while later, London Underground said there had been "another incident at Edgware Road" station in north west London.

A London Ambulance Service spokeswoman said: "We have just sent some resources out to the scene. We have sent a number of vehicles to Liverpool Street station."

Police told the UK Press Association there were "walking wounded" and said paramedics had responded to one report of a person classed as "life at risk."

"There are walking wounded, but that is as much as we know at the moment," said the spokesman.

He confirmed that the incident took place on the Metropolitan Line between Aldgate and Liverpool Street and said the line has been evacuated. King's Cross, Liverpool Street and Aldgate stations have also been cleared.

The incident caused major disruption to the entire network with stations across the capital being closed.

Passengers were told that all services were being suspended because of a power fault across the network.

A City of London Police spokesman said: "We have closed Liverpool Street station as well as Aldgate.

"We believe there was some sort of explosion. There are some walking wounded at Aldgate. "We are not sure of the scale of the incident. Reports are still coming in."

Find this article at:
http://www.cnn.com/2005/WORLD/europe...ube/index.html
Old 07-07-2005, 06:04 AM   #5
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Police are refusing to confirm the cause of the blasts yet, but it seems obvious its a terrorist attack
Aragorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:06 AM   #6
Zink Whistlefly

Crikey! Not good.

The no casualties report is for the Underground I think (so far), since a bus full of people was ripped appart by a secondary surface attack.

BBC:
Quote:
Several people have been injured after explosions on the Underground network and a double-decker bus in London.

A police spokesman said there were "quite a large number of casualties" at Aldgate Tube Station.

And Scotland Yard confirmed one of several reports of explosions on buses in the city - in Tavistock Place - but said the cause was not yet known.

One caller to BBC Five said his friend had seen "the bus ripped open like a can of sardines and bodies everywhere".

Number 10 said it was "still unsure" whether the explosions were a terrorist attack and although casualties were reported, no further details were yet available.

Ministers are meeting to clarify the situation and the government will make a statement later, Leader of the House Geoff Hoon told the Commons.

PA also quoted union officials as saying sources had told them there had been at least one explosive device on the Underground.
Article here.
Zink Whistlefly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:10 AM   #7
Lavindathar
Harper

People have died now, and blood has been spilt on English soil.

They died on the bus attack.

Any chance this is to do with London getting the Olympics for 2012? And, as we know, the London Underground was a key component of that bid.

Coincedence that this has been bombed the day after? Depending on the damage, it might have to be moved to a different country.

Like France.

[ 07-07-2005, 06:12 AM: Message edited by: Lavindathar ]
Old 07-07-2005, 06:10 AM   #8
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Charlie lives in London doesn't he? Hope he's alright, still its a big city, not much chance he was involved.

Blair's nto going to leave the G8 summit or so he says.
Old 07-07-2005, 06:11 AM   #9
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

A Doctor at KX says 90 are injured 2 dead. More expected.

Why do they have to do this? WHY!?! damn it...

After a day where Londons people are happy for the 2012 Olympics win, THIS has to happen.

I hope they catch these vile animals.

[ 07-07-2005, 07:25 AM: Message edited by: Ziroc ]

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2005, 06:12 AM   #10
Aragorn1
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Lavindathar:
Any chance this is to do with London getting the Olympics for 2012? And, as we know, the London Underground was a key component of that bid.

Coincedence that this has been bombed the day after? Depending on the damage, it might have to be moved to a different country.

Like France.
I thought about the olympic bid, but i couldn't think who would do it for that. Maybe the terrorists just chose it to give extra publicity.